Old 04-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #31

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Herk, you

Herk, you didn't have to say it, somehow we already knew that!!!!!

BOLIY PRO 3600SI GEN
DAYS CAMPED 2014 52 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #32

I'm a late comer to this thread, but want to go on record as having almost the same problem with some added info. I tore this motor apart and dumped out half the thing with water. Then I inspected the brushes and sure enough one has completely failed. I am really reluctant to replace this thing with the same quality motor that I just saw. The silicone boot around the motor had split in several places, the gaskets were all failing, the rubber gasket on the gear box was severely degraded. I can't wait for the other jack to fail in the same manner. My trailer is a 2011 Windjammer.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #33

We have to do better

This morning I spoke with Customer Service at Lippert Components. I finally called after waiting for over a week for an email response. My 2011 Rockwood Windjammer has two of these stabilizer jacks as original equipment. It would appear that Lippert Components has had a rash of problems with these electric stabilizer jacks, they do not even sell the same model anymore, nor will they sell you a replacement motor for the jack model I have now. I can purchase a completely new electric stabilizer jack for $550 plus shipping and installation.

I wasn't going to be happy about buying a new motor, I am seriously not going to start replacing entire jacks because of a cheasy motor that was made in India. I understand that products have problems from time to time, but when the problem has no reasonable solution path from the supplier it is really hard to keep doing business with them.

I'm not sure who signed off on buying motors of such low quality, but they should be asked to come and respond to a few furious customers. I am also curious how Lippert Components cannot have a repair solution for such an obvious and apparently frequent problem. There are multiple solutions/sources for off the shelf 12V gear motors out there that I found, likely not inexpensive, but still a solution. Stand behind what you make, take a little pride in a product that lasts more than 12 months of the warranty period.

Hopefully forums like these and the people that pay attention to them can start to effect some changes.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #34
Strictly Stock 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgbear View Post
This morning I spoke with Customer Service at Lippert Components. I finally called after waiting for over a week for an email response. My 2011 Rockwood Windjammer has two of these stabilizer jacks as original equipment. It would appear that Lippert Components has had a rash of problems with these electric stabilizer jacks, they do not even sell the same model anymore, nor will they sell you a replacement motor for the jack model I have now. I can purchase a completely new electric stabilizer jack for $550 plus shipping and installation.

I wasn't going to be happy about buying a new motor, I am seriously not going to start replacing entire jacks because of a cheasy motor that was made in India. I understand that products have problems from time to time, but when the problem has no reasonable solution path from the supplier it is really hard to keep doing business with them.

I'm not sure who signed off on buying motors of such low quality, but they should be asked to come and respond to a few furious customers. I am also curious how Lippert Components cannot have a repair solution for such an obvious and apparently frequent problem. There are multiple solutions/sources for off the shelf 12V gear motors out there that I found, likely not inexpensive, but still a solution. Stand behind what you make, take a little pride in a product that lasts more than 12 months of the warranty period.

Hopefully forums like these and the people that pay attention to them can start to effect some changes.
Think I would go a little higher on the food chain and keep going til I got to the top. CEO's & Presidents don't like to hear this. Might even mention you are posting it on FRF,etc.

Keep records of conversations and all email.
Camping since Aug1960
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #35

I just dropped off my 2013 flagstaff with the same problem . the front motor just stopped working on my second trip . I hope if there is a problem with the motors they replace the back one also so I don't have to make another trip to the dealer. I hate bringing it back.Maybe I should call them and find out ?

Joe,Lisa
2013 Flagstaff 29RLS superlite
2013 F150 3.5 ecoboost max tow pkg
Nights camped/ 19
jdefeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #36

The Solution Is Easy

After removing the cheasy motor from my Lippert Component electric stabilizer jack I retreived the nice crank handle from the storage compartment and went to the far side of the trailer and in a few easy and fast cranks was able to raise and lower the jacks in less time than the little motors could do it in. It wasn't hard at all and I remembered that my other trailer had manual jacks and they were easy to use too. The basic jack arrangement is OK with these things, it is just the crummy motor and it is one I really don't need. I am just going to tape up the electrical leads to the motor and secure them and not bother repairing them. The one without the motor is easier and faster to crank than the one that still has an operating motor and I will just wait for it to fail before I remove it too.

So if your Lippert Component electric stablizer jack motors crap out, just remove the motor and find the nice crank handle. You could even modify the tool to work with a cordless impact tool easily and spend way less money than repairing this POC.

2011 Rockwood Windjammer 2808
dmgbear is offline   Reply With Quote