Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #1

Removal of the LCD TV

I just purchased a 2011 Wildcat fifth wheel and need to remove the LCD Tv to check the input and out wiring. It looks like it should slide up and off but having trouble removing it. not sure if its just a tight fit or if there is a latch or keeper that i don't see. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You

Old 10-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, mine had a small wire cable attached with a screw near the bottom of the mounting board to limit vertical travel...once removed, the TV lifted easily off the mount.

If you use the search mode, you'll find other threads asking the same question and the variety of ways that the manufacturer makes the TV hard to remove.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #3

yeah i don't see anything like that at the bottom and visibility is difficult, thank you for the help!
Old 11-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #4

Owned mine for three years still havn't been able to remove the flat screen TV. I have upward movment but the top of the cabinet seems to interfere with the top leading edge of the TV making in impossible to remove.
The right side seems so dis-engage from the wall mount but thats as far as it goes. Shoot I even had a tech at a local RV shop try to show me how to remove it and he couldnt remove it either. I finally stopped him from attempting anymore for fear that he would get the TV off of the mount and not be able to put it back on....
Let us know if you're able to find the trick in removing the flat screen...

Bill
2008 GMC Duramx-2500HD 4x4 CrewCab
52 Gallon Titan Fuel Tank
Reese18K Signature Series 5th Wheel Hitch With Slider #30085
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #5

The mount for mine has a small red lever on the left side that needs to be pulled forward.
It is small and hard to see without a flashlight.
Pull it forward and pull the bottom of the tv to you.
If the tv moves forward try lifting up with both hands.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmall View Post
Owned mine for three years still havn't been able to remove the flat screen TV. I have upward movment but the top of the cabinet seems to interfere with the top leading edge of the TV making in impossible to remove.
The right side seems so dis-engage from the wall mount but thats as far as it goes. Shoot I even had a tech at a local RV shop try to show me how to remove it and he couldnt remove it either. I finally stopped him from attempting anymore for fear that he would get the TV off of the mount and not be able to put it back on....
Let us know if you're able to find the trick in removing the flat screen...
Mine just lift up like you already tried? Now park it in a (Bad) part of town there are guys that will take it out in Seconds!,and they run real Fast! Good Luck Youroo!!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #7

When I tried to remove the TV from our 5er when brand new, I could not budge the d*mn thing. I tried and just couldn't find a way. Now thieves broke into it while it was at the dealer for minor repairs and took the TV, receiver, bedding and memory foam topper off the bed. They broke into 29 trailers that night as I found out later, so they had to be fast, I'm thinking. The TV was located at the rear of the 5er and there are 2 slides at the rear. When the slides are closed there is, maybe a foot and a half of open space. To this day I am still wondering how they got the TV off of the cabinet and out in that little space. They were neat tho'. They just unplugged everything but they did try to pry the door open and the dead bolt held so they forced two windows before they could get in. They ripped off a cabinet door above where the TV sat and found the remotes. Insurance replaced the door and the windows, the TV & receiver and the bedding. That was in June of that year and didn't get the 5er back until the middle of August. Now the present TV is easier to get out as I installed a swivel mount and 4 screws are loosened to lift it off the mount. When the 5er is in storage, the TV & receiver come out and are put in the basement of the S&B. I did ask the mechanic at the dealer and he said to pull on the wire that was at the bottom of the mount, Never did see that wire. Maybe do as youroo suggested but stick around the trailer and and ask the rotters how they do it...... I just thought of something...maybe the dealers should hire some of those thieves and they could be there when a PDI is done to show how they remove these things. Good luck.