Old 02-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #1

Rim / Wheel Max PSI

2016 317RL 5th Wheel.

The E rated factory tires are not holding up. I would like to upgrade to a G rated tire. I have not been able to find the Rim / wheel PSI rating on the rim. The G rated tire I want to replace my tires with are 95 PSI.

Does anyone know what the factory rims /wheels are rated at?

tronqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronqui View Post
2016 317RL 5th Wheel.

The E rated factory tires are not holding up. I would like to upgrade to a G rated tire. I have not been able to find the Rim / wheel PSI rating on the rim. The G rated tire I want to replace my tires with are 95 PSI.

If you can't get the info you're looking for from the wheel, get the part number/serial number and the manufacturer's name from the wheel and give them a call. They are required to provide you with wheel's specs.

(If your trailer is equipped with ST235/80R16E tires, the normal OEM wheel for them is rated for 3580# @ 80 PSI).

Old 02-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronqui View Post
2016 317RL 5th Wheel.

I have a 2016 Wildcat that also came with E rated tires. I have the aluminum HiSpec wheels. The information for the rims should be stamped on the inside. I upgraded to G rated tires with the PSI at 110. I was unable to find the stamp but the gentleman that replaced the tires said that these rims were fine. See what rims you have and the manufacturer should be able to let you know. You probably have the same ones that my camper came with. Good luck.

Tags
wheel