Old 08-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #101

Boy, you would love my latest addition. First trip with our new real queen foam mattress. 13" thick! I'm 6'1" and I have to climb onto it! Reminds me of the days when I was a kid climbing into the overhead bunk!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #102
JAYCO Representative

This thread has been very informative for the design team in the past couple of months and I wanted to see if there's any other input, maybe from newer members as well, to add to the discussion. I'm happy to say we'll be addressing some of these requests and suggestions in Wildcat's near future!

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #103
Camper Less Camping

Most of us will stop our camper upgrade once we get to a fifth wheel & not move up to MH's.

With that said, be nice to have an option for a designated cargo compartment with a 32" TV & sound system similar to the MH's
Old 08-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #104
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Most of us will stop our camper upgrade once we get to a fifth wheel & not move up to MH's.

With that said, be nice to have an option for a designated cargo compartment with a 32" TV & sound system similar to the MH's
Hey, all things are possible (I think my "brothers" over at Sierra and Sandpiper might already have this in place of an outside kitchen)! There's more than just my eyes on this thread (maybe even those Keystone or Heartland boys are reading this right now), so any input or requests you have are going to be discussed!

Thanks for your post!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #105

I'm a real newb - Don't own a trailer or fifth wheel (yet) - Second post on the forum.

I would like to second an idea that was touched on earlier in the forum about the DVD manual.

Completely understand about the amortized costs of a technical writer to write a good manual but it seems to me that you could meet the basic needs by simply recording a thorough PDI (my forum reading let me slip in some terminology) and posting it to the web.

As I'm looking at units I'd really appreciate the opportunity to learn how they work. The cost of recording, tagging chapters and posting is pretty manageable I think.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #106
JAYCO Representative

Take a look at the new Wildcat feature list and see if we added your "must have"!:
Wildcat Fifth Wheel Features / Options by Forest River

Thanks again to everyone who gave feedback here!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #107

Nice NEW features and upgrades Chris. I know the USB phone charger and battery cutoff switch are small changes but they are huge in customer convenience. The pre-wire for the backup/rearview camera along with the camera kit option is sweet.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #108

On page 7 so fAr and can't believe no one has mentioned black tank indicator that actually work. Also indicators should have more graduations, not just by 1/3rds.
A more detailed owners manual would be nice with online access to the schematics so when you do repairs or upgrades yor don't have to guess where the wiring is or the studs are.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #109

We just recently purchased a Columbus 320RS and love the design. My only design complaint is the put the switches and panel at knee height where you have to sit on the floor to reach it. It would have been much more user friendly to exchange locations with the charger station located right above it.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #110
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Nice NEW features and upgrades Chris. I know the USB phone charger and battery cutoff switch are small changes but they are huge in customer convenience. The pre-wire for the backup/rearview camera along with the camera kit option is sweet.
We're trying hard to listen to what people want! The littlest things can make a big difference...

Tags
extralite, fifth wheel, forest river, sterling, wildcat