Old 02-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #131
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONE STAR TRAVELERS View Post
I enjoyed this thread and concur with about everything stated previously. battery cut-off, better tires, etc.

Hat is off to Wildcat Chris and team for their heated discussion! We all understand their dilemma of trying to please us all which can not be easy!

For my myself and great beautiful significant other (both 50's and still young), we've wanted and search for and yet to find the perfect 5th wheel with outdoor kitchen & outside TV less than 39'. Example of our want would be the 333MK (nice bathroom layout too) with an outdoor kitchen.

Please let us know if FR's Wildcat or others have anything in the works, cause we're about to sign on our 3rd 5th wheel without the outdoor kitchen and the boss says this will be our last 5th wheel purchase for several years.
Wildcat currently offers two models that are UNDER 39' long, HAVE OUTSIDE KITCHEN, and are NOT BUNKS! Please take a look at the 293REX and the 317RL! Wildcat is in the 3rd year of offering outside kitchens to couples -- why should bunk house buyers have all the fun?

293REX:

Wildcat Fifth Wheel by Forest River

317RL:

Wildcat Fifth Wheel by Forest River

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:54 PM   #132
JAYCO Representative

Arrow OPINIONS on TIRES?

Better tires comes up again and again. What tires are you looking for specifically? Is there a specific brand or characteristic you're looking for the most? I have done my research on this, but want to hear more opinions...

Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #133

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
I am waiting delivery of a new Wildcat 282RKX and once home from the dealer I will put on Maxxis M8008 ST tires. ST235/80/R16E
Old 02-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #134
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Better tires comes up again and again. What tires are you looking for specifically? Is there a specific brand or characteristic you're looking for the most? I have done my research on this, but want to hear more opinions...
Either Goodyear Marathon or Maxxis LR D minimum.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #135

I read through some of the entries and found that most were floorplan suggestions. No way you'll ever make a floorplan that suits everyone- so that's kind of fruitless to me. As far as what should be standard on all campers regardless of floorplan, here are a few that I can think of-many of which have been mentioned:

1. Axles and tires with reserve capacity. If the weight of the camper and 1500lbs of cargo meets or exceeds the rating of the axles and/or tires, I walk.

2. Rear rack or a bumper strong enough to support ~200 pounds via some type of aftermarket rack or carrier.

3. Quick Detach power cord- I don't much care for the type that you have to pull in and out.

4. Roof seams sealed with Eternabond tape. Seems like it would solve the vast majority of delam issues and add less than $100 to the cost of a new unit.

5. On nicer units, or maybe in a value package, offer a hard wired RV surge protector with the digital readout.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Either Goodyear Marathon or Maxxis LR D minimum.
+1

The question is, how to you get newbies with no knowledge of the tire problems to understand the value here? They look at the bottom line. You'd have to engage in some form of marketing I would think to educate consumers to get them to spend the extra money.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #137

I would have preferred an option of a greater weight rating with more ply. As well as a higher speed rating. Tires with a speed rating limit of 62 MPH doesn't make sense. Such limits I think is part of a number of tire failure due to over heating. Many will simply say to slow down, but many time in traffic driving 62 MPH you are creating a rolling hazard to others.

So the answer is not in the brand name, it's in a tires ability to be practical while doing what should be expected of it to deliver.

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #138
JAYCO Representative

While Wildcat's standard Taskmaster Provider ST tire (available at Discount Tire locations) is also a 16" steel-belted radial, 10-ply, load range 'E' tire (review here: Taskmaster Provider ST Radial Trailer Tire Review & Rating), we are also now offering the MAXXIS M8008 (235/80R16) as an upgrade option:
ST Radial M8008 | Maxxis USA

We'll see how many Wildcat customer's choose this upgrade over the next year!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #139

The entertainment systems radio, (DVD? I think) are 12 volt powered. How about having the TV's 12 volt powered as well. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #140
Mod free 5er

Another must have is the OC Awning bracket kit.

Tags
extralite, fifth wheel, forest river, sterling, wildcat