Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #141
Jeffco, MO
 
tedstr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cedar Hill, MO
Posts: 143
Chris
Here's my suggestion. We like the living area, kitchen, and outside kitchen of the 317RL but would like the bath and bedroom arrangement of the 333MK. Why? Like the shower with seat and the steps up by the door and also like the outside kitchen.
I'm sure others would like that arrangement.
__________________

__________________

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #142
Senior Member
 
Stg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 204
We have a 2014 Wildwood. Is there a Wildwood Team?
__________________

__________________
Steve and Marlene and 2 Furry Kids. LB (Maltese) Rocky (Border Terrier)
2013 Coachmen Catalina 25RKS 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Stg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #143
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Better tires comes up again and again. What tires are you looking for specifically? Is there a specific brand or characteristic you're looking for the most? I have done my research on this, but want to hear more opinions...
I'm with OC and others - Maxxis.

I can get a Maxxis for our rig on Amazon for $161.00 each. Now that is discount-retail. Wonder what the price would be for a order of 20,000

Does Forest River pay that little for the China Bombs? Why not just stop using these crap tires on ALL your rigs and be the "Good Guys that put buyer safety to the forefront?"
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #144
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedstr View Post
Chris
Here's my suggestion. We like the living area, kitchen, and outside kitchen of the 317RL but would like the bath and bedroom arrangement of the 333MK. Why? Like the shower with seat and the steps up by the door and also like the outside kitchen.
I'm sure others would like that arrangement.
Hmmm. You may be very happy in the fall of 2014...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #145
JAYCO Representative
 
Wildcat Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wildcat Plant - Elkhart, IN
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
I'm with OC and others - Maxxis.

I can get a Maxxis for our rig on Amazon for $161.00 each. Now that is discount-retail. Wonder what the price would be for a order of 20,000

Does Forest River pay that little for the China Bombs? Why not just stop using these crap tires on ALL your rigs and be the "Good Guys that put buyer safety to the forefront?"
The MAXXIS tires are an available upgrade on any Wildcat model now! I think you'll be happy with the upgrade price as well.

I can't speak for all of Forest River. Each brand is allowed to make their own decisions about what standards, features, equipment, and options are included in their brand's build. It's one of the things that makes Forest River different than most RV manufacturers (even the smaller, more "independent" builders). Tire selection is done independently from brand to brand.

When you say "China Bombs," I'm wondering what alternatives you're looking at beyond MAXXIS (which are currently made in Thailand). There are NO RV trailer tires made in the U.S.A. today! There are indeed some tires made in China that are of good quality, but it's all based on the specs and the manufacturer.

Wildcat hasn't seen significant issues with our tires since upgrading to load range 'E' standard a number of years ago! I think that our standard upgraded Taskmaster Provider ST radial tires do very well -- and they're available commercially from Discount Tire stores. But for those who want more -- we provide the MAXXIS upgrade!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #146
Senior Member
 
nuisance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 942
We have a Greywolf, I'm sure some of this may apply. A stronger shower bottom, I feel like I am going to fall through it. Wall switches instead of ceiling ones, not everyone can reach the ceiling. Electrical outlets on the slide outs.
__________________
Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #147
Senior Member
 
Campin Cajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cut Off, La.
Posts: 1,830
When I had my fivers, I would not leave home without this

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/dewalt-d...FRQV7AodTg8AkA
__________________
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #148
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mountain Home, Idaho
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
The MAXXIS tires are an available upgrade on any Wildcat model now! I think you'll be happy with the upgrade price as well.

I can't speak for all of Forest River. Each brand is allowed to make their own decisions about what standards, features, equipment, and options are included in their brand's build. It's one of the things that makes Forest River different than most RV manufacturers (even the smaller, more "independent" builders). Tire selection is done independently from brand to brand.

When you say "China Bombs," I'm wondering what alternatives you're looking at beyond MAXXIS (which are currently made in Thailand). There are NO RV trailer tires made in the U.S.A. today! There are indeed some tires made in China that are of good quality, but it's all based on the specs and the manufacturer.

Wildcat hasn't seen significant issues with our tires since upgrading to load range 'E' standard a number of years ago! I think that our standard upgraded Taskmaster Provider ST radial tires do very well -- and they're available commercially from Discount Tire stores. But for those who want more -- we provide the MAXXIS upgrade!
You say the "E" rated tires are standard, but I just took delivery on a Wildcat 28RKX Maxx and it had "D" 's on it. I asked about it and the sales department said that was standard. What's the story? I am really concerned based on the posts I have read on this forum.
__________________
Steveandhedda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #149
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveandhedda View Post
You say the "E" rated tires are standard, but I just took delivery on a Wildcat 28RKX Maxx and it had "D" 's on it. I asked about it and the sales department said that was standard. What's the story? I am really concerned based on the posts I have read on this forum.
There are two Wildcat plants, one in Indiana and one in Oregon. The two plants produce Wildcats but slightly different versions. Wildcat Chris is associated with the Indiana plant and when he mentions standards he is only talking about models produced in Indiana. I believe they only produce fifth wheels at the Indiana plant.

Your Wildcat Maxx 28RKX travel trailer is a West Coast model and is built in Oregon. The standards are different for the travel trailers and the ½ ton towable fifth wheels produced in Oregon. The “D” rated tires on your Wildcat will be fine.

Because of the different models and somewhat different standards the two plants produce there has always been a bit of confusion among owners about Wildcat standards.

BTW I have owned two Wildcats, a 2003 27RK and a 2008 28RKBS.
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #150
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
My must have would include a 4 point auto leveling system for the 295RSX. We are new to the RV world, but for what we want to do, an auto leveling system is a must.
__________________

__________________
shavers flat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
extralite, fifth wheel, forest river, sterling, wildcat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.