Our new fifth wheel satisfied all of the “must haves” plus a few other nice features.
1. I really like having the battery cut-off switch.
2. We have 2 A/C’s. In our neck of the woods it’s a must have for any trailer over 30 feet long and two or more slideouts.
3. A good kitchen area. Our Silverback has enough counterspace for the coffeepot and the toaster and still offers enough space for my wife to prepare meals. There are also three electrical outlets in the kitchen and a pot and pan drawer under the oven.
4. Access to the bathroom with the slideouts closed. Great for long travel days.
5. Access to the fridge with the slideouts closed. Great for making lunches on travel days.
6. Decent sized holding tanks. I really like the 66 gallon fresh water tank.
Other pluses of our new fifth wheel are a bathroom mirror that my 5 foot tall wife can see herself in. Some fifth wheels had a medicine chest with a mirror that was installed so high all she could see was the top of her head. Our bathroom already has the hardware installed. On our previous two Wildcats I had to do the installation of the towels rack, toilet paper holder, etc.
The create-a-breeze rain sensing fan with thermostat in the kitchen is really a nice feature too. I really, really like the wider entry door. There is only one switch to control all three slideouts but, in the central docking station there are valves that allow me to control which rooms open.
Also the landing gear switch is located in an area that is protected from the elements. Both propane bottles are on the passenger side of the trailer thus eliminating that RED regulator. The low point drains are located in an area that is very easy to access and doesn‘t require me to get on the ground.
My wife and I love the open floorplan in the living area. The lack of a center island or L shaped kitchen counter leaves plenty of open space and gives the fifth wheel the feel of a much bigger trailer. The cathedral ceilings in the slideouts add to the spacious effect.
Our fifth wheel also has a central vacuum system, electric fireplace, electric rear stabilizers, and an awning cover (NICE). I can see us keeping this trailer for a long time…or until I get that “itch” again.