Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #141
Jeffco, MO

Chris
Here's my suggestion. We like the living area, kitchen, and outside kitchen of the 317RL but would like the bath and bedroom arrangement of the 333MK. Why? Like the shower with seat and the steps up by the door and also like the outside kitchen.
I'm sure others would like that arrangement.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #142

We have a 2014 Wildwood. Is there a Wildwood Team?
Old 04-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Better tires comes up again and again. What tires are you looking for specifically? Is there a specific brand or characteristic you're looking for the most? I have done my research on this, but want to hear more opinions...
I'm with OC and others - Maxxis.

I can get a Maxxis for our rig on Amazon for $161.00 each. Now that is discount-retail. Wonder what the price would be for a order of 20,000

Does Forest River pay that little for the China Bombs? Why not just stop using these crap tires on ALL your rigs and be the "Good Guys that put buyer safety to the forefront?"
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #144
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedstr View Post
Chris
Here's my suggestion. We like the living area, kitchen, and outside kitchen of the 317RL but would like the bath and bedroom arrangement of the 333MK. Why? Like the shower with seat and the steps up by the door and also like the outside kitchen.
I'm sure others would like that arrangement.
Hmmm. You may be very happy in the fall of 2014...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #145
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
I'm with OC and others - Maxxis.

I can get a Maxxis for our rig on Amazon for $161.00 each. Now that is discount-retail. Wonder what the price would be for a order of 20,000

Does Forest River pay that little for the China Bombs? Why not just stop using these crap tires on ALL your rigs and be the "Good Guys that put buyer safety to the forefront?"
The MAXXIS tires are an available upgrade on any Wildcat model now! I think you'll be happy with the upgrade price as well.

I can't speak for all of Forest River. Each brand is allowed to make their own decisions about what standards, features, equipment, and options are included in their brand's build. It's one of the things that makes Forest River different than most RV manufacturers (even the smaller, more "independent" builders). Tire selection is done independently from brand to brand.

When you say "China Bombs," I'm wondering what alternatives you're looking at beyond MAXXIS (which are currently made in Thailand). There are NO RV trailer tires made in the U.S.A. today! There are indeed some tires made in China that are of good quality, but it's all based on the specs and the manufacturer.

Wildcat hasn't seen significant issues with our tires since upgrading to load range 'E' standard a number of years ago! I think that our standard upgraded Taskmaster Provider ST radial tires do very well -- and they're available commercially from Discount Tire stores. But for those who want more -- we provide the MAXXIS upgrade!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #146

We have a Greywolf, I'm sure some of this may apply. A stronger shower bottom, I feel like I am going to fall through it. Wall switches instead of ceiling ones, not everyone can reach the ceiling. Electrical outlets on the slide outs.
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #147

When I had my fivers, I would not leave home without this

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/dewalt-d...FRQV7AodTg8AkA
Old 05-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #148

Quote:
The MAXXIS tires are an available upgrade on any Wildcat model now! I think you'll be happy with the upgrade price as well.

I can't speak for all of Forest River. Each brand is allowed to make their own decisions about what standards, features, equipment, and options are included in their brand's build. It's one of the things that makes Forest River different than most RV manufacturers (even the smaller, more "independent" builders). Tire selection is done independently from brand to brand.

When you say "China Bombs," I'm wondering what alternatives you're looking at beyond MAXXIS (which are currently made in Thailand). There are NO RV trailer tires made in the U.S.A. today! There are indeed some tires made in China that are of good quality, but it's all based on the specs and the manufacturer.

Wildcat hasn't seen significant issues with our tires since upgrading to load range 'E' standard a number of years ago! I think that our standard upgraded Taskmaster Provider ST radial tires do very well -- and they're available commercially from Discount Tire stores. But for those who want more -- we provide the MAXXIS upgrade!
You say the "E" rated tires are standard, but I just took delivery on a Wildcat 28RKX Maxx and it had "D" 's on it. I asked about it and the sales department said that was standard. What's the story? I am really concerned based on the posts I have read on this forum.
Steveandhedda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveandhedda View Post
You say the "E" rated tires are standard, but I just took delivery on a Wildcat 28RKX Maxx and it had "D" 's on it. I asked about it and the sales department said that was standard. What's the story? I am really concerned based on the posts I have read on this forum.
There are two Wildcat plants, one in Indiana and one in Oregon. The two plants produce Wildcats but slightly different versions. Wildcat Chris is associated with the Indiana plant and when he mentions standards he is only talking about models produced in Indiana. I believe they only produce fifth wheels at the Indiana plant.

Your Wildcat Maxx 28RKX travel trailer is a West Coast model and is built in Oregon. The standards are different for the travel trailers and the ½ ton towable fifth wheels produced in Oregon. The “D” rated tires on your Wildcat will be fine.

Because of the different models and somewhat different standards the two plants produce there has always been a bit of confusion among owners about Wildcat standards.

BTW I have owned two Wildcats, a 2003 27RK and a 2008 28RKBS.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #150

My must have would include a 4 point auto leveling system for the 295RSX. We are new to the RV world, but for what we want to do, an auto leveling system is a must.
shavers flat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #151

This is all you need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cash-pile-thumb89641091.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	52079  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:14 AM   #152

Lol spot on Iggy!
TTerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #153

I was thinking that if they stacked tanks, it would be really cool to have a turbo "eco" black tank flush system where one of the grey tanks could empty into the black tank to flush they heck out of it. Most dump stations don't provide a good black tank flush connection anymore, so you can't hook a hose up to it and even the water theft connector has no pressure and is messy ... so I'm looking at something new and innovative here. Could be done pretty easily.

It would be nice if the landing gear used two motors instead one, so the front storage compartment was not compromised with a bar running through the middle of it, and it would put less load on the motor. It would be nice if the landing gear was marked or otherwise prevented over retraction and jamming.

An outlet on the main wide slide would be nice. IF not a full electrical outlet, then a pair of USB charging ports would be better than nothing.

Some way to incorporate a drink holder into the sofa arm wrests would be nice, or a table could you attach to the arm wrests when needed.
Taybrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #154
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavers flat View Post
My must have would include a 4 point auto leveling system for the 295RSX. We are new to the RV world, but for what we want to do, an auto leveling system is a must.
Available as an option now! Wildcat offers Ground Control 3.0 electric 4-point automatic leveling:
Ground Control 3.0 Electric Leveling System - Leveling & Stabilization
Old 06-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #155
Mod free 5er

OC's awning pole bracket kit, factory installed.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #156
Jeffco, MO

For Chris

What model or models are you planning to have at the FROG Rally in August? Will be signing up for the Factory Tour.
What model do you have in mind for the 317RL rear and 333MK front? Length and weight?

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:58 AM   #157

Quote:
Available as an option now! Wildcat offers Ground Control 3.0 electric 4-point automatic leveling:
Ground Control 3.0 Electric Leveling System - Leveling & Stabilization

Chris, is this different from the Level-Up system? If I'm ordering a 312QBX which would I order? Level up or Ground Control 3.0?
nole_trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #158

OC's awning pole bracket kit, factory installed
Only if they come with the poles
2006 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab/Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission
Salmon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #159

I gotta ask.

Am I the only one that want's a white sided 5er? I can't tell you how many units I passed on because of solid grey or brown.

Must haves 2 AC's, 16" tires, access to the toilet with out any slide outs opening, (fridge access would be nice as well). LED lighting, battery cutoff, and as I get older electric or hydraulic stabilizers. Large grey water tank. Access panels to plumbing and electrical and mechanical is always nice.

The biggest thing that I look for is a company that will stand behind their product.

Salt
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #160

A tire jack and wrench kit, Wall located light switch especially in bath and bedroom that is not located on ceiling for everyone to reach regardless of height, A built in level indicator(s). Easily removable inspection panels underneath. Why am I crawling to center of tt to reach fresh water tank drain?
Better documentation of build with locations of items, to be able to make repairs.
Current manuals are generic at best. I have only had our wildcat tt out for one campout trip but I helped others with similar questions of where the electric hot water switch is. Campers using gas instead of electric because they can't find the exterior switch with no interior indicator light for electric hot water heater use.
These are all easy and low cost.
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extralite, fifth wheel, forest river, sterling, wildcat