Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #161
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedstr View Post
For Chris

What model or models are you planning to have at the FROG Rally in August? Will be signing up for the Factory Tour.
What model do you have in mind for the 317RL rear and 333MK front? Length and weight?
I'll have to look into this tomorrow! I'm not sure which floor plan is going! Looking forward to a great factory tour for our FROG guests…

The floor plan you're asking about won't be available in time for the rally -- but I'll be sure to let you give some feedback to the team since they'll already have it "on the drawing board" and probably nearing prototype phase at that time!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:14 AM   #162
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_trainer View Post
Chris, is this different from the Level-Up system? If I'm ordering a 312QBX which would I order? Level up or Ground Control 3.0?
Ground Control 3.0 is a 4-point electric auto-leveling system featuring round legs and re-hitch memory option just like the 6-point hydraulic version (LevelUp). See more details here:
Ground Control 3.0 Electric Leveling System - Leveling & Stabilization
Old 07-08-2014, 01:20 AM   #163
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
I gotta ask.

Am I the only one that want's a white sided 5er? I can't tell you how many units I passed on because of solid grey or brown.

Must haves 2 AC's, 16" tires, access to the toilet with out any slide outs opening, (fridge access would be nice as well). LED lighting, battery cutoff, and as I get older electric or hydraulic stabilizers. Large grey water tank. Access panels to plumbing and electrical and mechanical is always nice.

The biggest thing that I look for is a company that will stand behind their product.

Salt
Wildcat seems to fit the bill for what you're looking for!

We've taken some criticism for our current lack of a colored sidewall option -- we're using polar white high gloss gel coat exterior (T-60 Noble Classic from Crane Composites -- see info here: http://www.forestriverinc.com/downlo...CRANEflyer.pdf). Obviously, we've been there before (actually, first for Forest River) with the now discontinued Sterling Edition. But one on the most interesting things we've found with the white walls is the cooler surface and inside temps in the summer heat. It's really a significant deterrent when you think about it from a practical stance…

We've got the rest of your items -- some of them even standard!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #164

For us the Flagstaff 8524rlws w/diamond package....has pretty much all that folks want in the previous posts.....the two swivels chairs in rear a must for us....forest river flagstaff customer service dept goes over and beyond giving us service and standing behind the product.....we have not had to add or upgrade anything in our unit....we have pretty much lived in it for the last two years.....of course people with children pets and such would need more room....but for a couple - it is a perfect unit.
No it does not have a washer/dryer or king bed....but it does come with TV in basement .... that flips down for outside viewing....and like all of the lite models nothing on the rear bumper, so we carry our two bikes in the cab of the truck...or could put a rack on the pin box.....the inflatables fit nice in the airconditioned basement...and outboard motor and generator fit nicely in the front of the bed of TV along with numerous other items you don t want to store in trailer.....and if need to take jon boat or hard canoe....can put it on Yakima rack on top of truck along with two bikes.....for me bottom line is I will always buy Forest River Flagstaff......as long as the floor plan is workable......Thank you Forrest River for all you have done for me.
Thank you Flagstaff customer service to all the prompt help you have given....

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:46 AM   #165

My My Chris, you are a insomniac just like me

3 Things have come to mind as a convenience and, IMHO, would set experienced RVers on their butt when they saw it!
  1. Have the progressive power management system installed at the control panel area.
  2. WHY are we STILL unplugging our 50AMP cord and rolling it up in various mods (BTW my Homer bucket mod works well) STILL, why is that sucker NOT on a spool that you just unreel and plug in. When you are ready to go, a press of the switch and the electric moron rolls the gable up for you. Naturally, you should have a access panel to the cable spool in case you need to replace a damaged cable. Cable length options would be nice with 30' standard and a 50' option.
  3. It would be nice (and seemingly simplify things if FR would just standardize on a access door water management system for all of the premium TT, Ultralite & standard 5ers. My ideal system would have an access panel that opened to reveal your rig's particle water filter, a separate insta-pur water filter line for only the sink faucets in the kitchen & bath (thus you still have good pressure for a nice shower), hose attachment port for anti-freeze, and here's my real want: a 60' integrated hose reel for a single point water connection to city water. Again a electric motor would reel the sucker up when it was time to go! Once connected to city water you could control where water goes at the panel. On/Off petcocks for shower, faucets AND the turbo rinse for the black tank. The panel would also have direct access to the hot water heater (Tankless an option?) with, of course, bypass petcocks for winterizing your unit.
    (The Berkshire water baffle & management system is exemplar here).
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:56 AM   #166

Quote:
I gotta ask.

Am I the only one that want's a white sided 5er? I can't tell you how many units I passed on because of solid grey or brown.

Salt
Hi Salt, and welcome to the Forums from Huntsville, AL!

Ummmm White? Really? Well to each his own

I will never own a white RV again. Our TT was white and it just screamed to every dust and dirt particle STICK ON ME! (Birds liked it too )

I was washing the darn thing every month - more when we went through TX & NM

Our new 5er has a cream base with varying shades of brown that look like it was custom designed for our deep green and tan TV!!

Plus, PLUS it is BROWN...just like dirt

I washed it for the first time this weekend, not because I had to but because I wanted to

I must say though, the Gel Coat FR is using on it's 5ers is an amazing dust/dirt/goo repellant!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #167

BamaBob,

I think it comes from years of boating. I still wince when I see a dark blue hull. I had a 30' Cruiser that took 18 hours to wax. I know the advances in pigmentation but I will stick with white, or off white plus it's cooler in the climates I am in.

I just sold my black Charger, talk about show dirt. But boy did she shine for 5 minutes when I was done.

One more item I forgot to mention. I would love a wheel well light. I run at night a lot and it sure is nice to be able to see my tires with a flip of a switch and check everything.

Salt
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #168
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
I know the advances in pigmentation but I will stick with white, or off white plus it's cooler in the climates I am in.
This is a great talking point that many RV brands and customers seem to forget. You'd be shocked at how much hotter the walls are with just a small amount of color added!

Quote:
One more item I forgot to mention. I would love a wheel well light. I run at night a lot and it sure is nice to be able to see my tires with a flip of a switch and check everything.
This is an interesting idea and one I haven't heard before (although it makes good sense). I'm writing this one down for further review...
Old 08-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #169
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
BamaBob,

I think it comes from years of boating. I still wince when I see a dark blue hull. I had a 30' Cruiser that took 18 hours to wax. I know the advances in pigmentation but I will stick with white, or off white plus it's cooler in the climates I am in.

I just sold my black Charger, talk about show dirt. But boy did she shine for 5 minutes when I was done.

Salt
X2...White is definitely cooler and when the dark color units begin to fade due to little attention to wash and waxing, they look horrible...recently saw an Evergreen TT that was brown/tan in color...yikes.
I never thought about a wheel well light but that is a great idea and very useful for us night riders or early risers!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #170

Since i always carry a light and have a TPMS a ww light is just another thing that will fail in the rain/rocks and will not cast enough light to show anything

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #171

I can't remember if this has been mentioned and didn't want to go back over the last 17 pages to see. I added a soft pause valve on my shower faucet. Made a world of difference in the shower experience and saved the hot water for others and kept from filling up the gray tank as fast. It does not stop the water flow completely but that is fine with me. I would shower first then my wife after me. I don't even turn the faucet off, just pause the water and when she gets in, just push the button and the water is at the correct temp and ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	60940  
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #172

Where did u get that?.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #173
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Where did u get that?.
Just about any hardware store will have this...works great

Name:   41aVpxaJonL._SY400_.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  17.4 KB

Old 08-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #174

Rat cheer! Say that out loud and you can be a redneck.

Smart Pause - White - Oxygenics 29742 - Shower - Camping World
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
I can't remember if this has been mentioned and didn't want to go back over the last 17 pages to see. I added a soft pause valve on my shower faucet. Made a world of difference in the shower experience and saved the hot water for others and kept from filling up the gray tank as fast. It does not stop the water flow completely but that is fine with me. I would shower first then my wife after me. I don't even turn the faucet off, just pause the water and when she gets in, just push the button and the water is at the correct temp and ready to go.
Quote:
Rat cheer! Say that out loud and you can be a redneck.

Smart Pause - White - Oxygenics 29742 - Shower - Camping World
That is awesome! My wife hates the twist shutoff on our Oxygenics, especially with soapy hands. Brilliant...thanks guys!!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bttravel View Post
Get Rid Of The Cheap Tires!!! Come on, really nice TT with junk tires? "Everything" rides on the tires. So the price goes up $50 or $100 bucks. All of us will gladly pay for GOOD tires. If Forest River as a whole wants to be moved up a notch in respect, just do this one thing.
^^^This^^ ^
Old 08-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #177
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post

^^^This^^ ^
...play "The song of my people"!!!!

Old 08-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #178

Quote:

Now that is smart, I have that pause valve but it is up near the shower head, it is kind of irritating while you are rinsing off you accidently push the botton and no water. I might have to change my set up. Thank you

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #179

Our new oxygenics came with the pause valve in the package...getting installed this weekend 👍. Hope it is everything that it claims !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #180

If you would like a valve that doesn't dribble when shut off, the positive shut off on this page does that.

We have no problems with scalding, but you can always turn the head away for a moment when turning it back on if your plumbing is prone to that.

Tags
extralite, fifth wheel, forest river, sterling, wildcat