Old 08-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #1

RV Stabilization

we've taken delivery of our 337FB and during our first week of camping i've noticed that when someone is walking around the entire camper is shaking. we have the rear jacks down and the wheels supported by some of the wide plastic wheel chocks. I was wondering what everyone is doing to keep the shaking to a minimum. JT/Steadyfast supports? Kingpin tripod? x-chocks just on the wheels? combo? Thanks.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Jr strong arms will definitely make a difference!
Triangulation is the key to stabilization!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"

Old 08-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Plain Old Member

RV Stabilization

I think a combination of the steadyfast or JT's along with the X-chocks has proven the best results. Or, like a lot have done, fab your own version of the steadyfast or JT. Some say the tripod works for them. We've tried that, and it worked some, but think the diagonal bracing in the landing gear and rear stabilizers would work better. Fabbing diagonal bracing on the jacks is still on our build it list, so I can't tell you first hand on that one yet. Just know that's what I read the most of.

Sent by ME
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #4

I installed JT's Strong Arms stabilizers on my 312BHX last weekend and it makes a world of difference. I have 3 very active little boys and the trailer shook like crazy with them running around. The Strong Arms took out almost all the shake, now it's down to just a dull vibration.
I installed them myself and it was pretty easy. The instructions were a little hard to follow because they were made for several different kinds of frames. I ended up using a highlighter pen and marking just the sections that were relevant to my trailer. That made it a lot easier to follow during the actual install.

2014 Wildcat 312BHX
2015 RAM 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Keisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #5

Hi Keisling - I have a 2015 312QBX and just ordered the JT kit. Two questions -

Did you use the adapter brackets on the rear stab jacks so they could be fully retracted?

Is there a easily accessible cross member for the rear stab jacks or did you have to fabricate one out of angle iron or similar?

Thanks, Jeff
Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #6

I used the adapter brackets on my rear jacks. I have the power jacks that look like these and it was needed to fully retract them. You can probably get away without them if you stop just shy of a full retract but I went ahead and ordered them along with my jacks.
On mine, there was already an angle iron cross member about 6-8" behind the jacks. It's where the underbelly material is attached at the rear and seemed custom made for the rear stabilizers.
Mine is a 2014 so yours might be slightly different.

2014 Wildcat 312BHX
Old 08-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #7

Thank you! If it isn't too much of a hassle and the trailer is nearby, is there anyway you could snap a picture of the rear mounting? Totally understand if the trailer isn't handy or its a hassle but I thought I'd ask!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #8

I'm also interested in the rear mounting too. I have a set of JT Strongarms on order and have a similar arrangement... underbelly sheet meets skirting going up to bottom of back wall. Only a few screws joining the two and don't seem to be going into a cross piece.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #9
Mod free 5er

FWIW, the JT's should be mounted going forward from the pads, NOT to the center behind the jacks. Similar to these homemade ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00211.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	60610  
Old 08-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #10

Snomore, I have it parked in the back yard. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow afternoon.

OldCoot, The JT's instructions are pretty clear that the mount should be centered behind the the rear jacks. They include detailed descriptions, diagrams and pictures of the preferred mounting location. I'm not 100% sure why but it's probably because the rear is more prone to side to side motion than front to back. They have the directions posted online if you want to take a look... http://www.happijac.com/images/pdfs/...stall_2009.pdf

2014 Wildcat 312BHX