Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #1

RVlock Electronic Entry Door Lock

We have a RVlock on our new 282RK that we have had problems getting to work since day one. The dealer has replaced the lock at least 3 times. It has maybe worked 5 minutes.
Is there a trick to getting these to work or are they prone to failure? What our some the experiences other have had with this lock?
WaltRoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
daydreaming about camping

curious to know what problems you are having with it?

This is on my list of things to add after wife locked herself out of the trailer on a girls weekend at midnight.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #3

The lock will not respond after entering the code and commanding "lock" or "unlock" door. This is using the keypad as my did not come with a fob. The dealer got it to work after installing a new one once and it worked that night but not after checking it a couple days later. It has taken days to a week to get a replacement. This last time I've waited over a month, still no replacement!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #4

We have a TT with same option and I have to slowly and semi I firmly enter the code, if I go just a little to fast it will not pick it up.
Greywolfdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #5

I'll try to enter the code slowly once I get one that is operative. It is good to know that at least there are some that are having a good experience with them.
The Wildcat factory assured me that they do work well. RVlock is currently backordered on this item, hence the delay.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I have a LaCrosse with a bad lock. It quit right after we got it and had it replaced since only to work short time after. It trys to relock every 30 seconds. The factory says the touch pad needs replacing or the lock needs reprograming. I put in a request for the techs to fix it at Goshen rally.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote