Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rice, WA - Sold the S&B!
Posts: 567
Scare lights.

My original post of these questions had 76 views (all mine?) in six days so since I figured many of you were at the FROG gathering or it was a fantastic weekend of camping, I might try one question at a time.

Question 1. The data sheet for this model/year references scare lights. What are they, where are they?

Note: Am I to assume they are the step lights on the same circuit as the porch light?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1502318838.367859.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	147728
__________________

__________________
As a teacher my signature was, “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 38
The scare light(s) are usually the flood type light that light up the side(s) of your trailer to possibly "scare" off an intruder like a security light at home. They should be a bright white light with a clear lenses. Hope this helps, that's the answer I was given in the past.
__________________

Cidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rice, WA - Sold the S&B!
Posts: 567
Hmm, other than patio lights on that side. We are out of luck on that score unless I install myself. Thank You Cidewayz
__________________
As a teacher my signature was, “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDS View Post
Hmm, other than patio lights on that side. We are out of luck on that score unless I install myself. Thank You Cidewayz
https://www.amazon.com/Lumitronics-R...VBQ47KSDP2QEN6

This is a "scare" light.
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 1,424
On my trailer the step light and scare light are separate switches.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:08 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rice, WA - Sold the S&B!
Posts: 567
Scare lights.

Thank You, I00195219 and dbledan.

I00195219, those look like the two lights labeled "porch" (amber) and patio on the entry side of the rig.

dbledan, No scare light switch in the command center nor anywhere else that I can find.

May get the courage one day to put one on the driver side if there ever is a need. Here InfraRed for night vision might be nice as we have Deer, Bear, coyotes and mountain lion. Sometimes Elk and Moose. I often wonder late at night what is walking around out there.
__________________
As a teacher my signature was, “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
onetonford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: TEMP for now
Posts: 996
Here are what the scare lights on my 25rl look like and they are one on each side. I don't use them too much tend to forget they are on and neighbor will let me know about it in the morning
Attached Images
 
__________________

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Where the stars at night are big and bright
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDS View Post
My original post of these questions had 76 views (all mine?) in six days so since I figured many of you were at the FROG gathering or it was a fantastic weekend of camping, I might try one question at a time.

Question 1. The data sheet for this model/year references scare lights. What are they, where are they?

Note: Am I to assume they are the step lights on the same circuit as the porch light?

Attachment 147728
The scare lights on our trailer is a strip of LEDs on the awning roller that illuminate the side of the trailer when the awning is extended. When the awning is retracted we're stuck with a 400 lumen flashlight in the face as a scare light!
__________________
2015 Palomino SolAire 20RBS
2017 1500 Silverado LTZ Z71 with 6.2L, 8-speed & tow package
2015: 18 days; 2016: 21 days; 2017: 19 days; 2018: 26 days; 2019: 8 days (so far)
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: eastern NC
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchilero53 View Post
The scare lights on our trailer is a strip of LEDs on the awning roller that illuminate the side of the trailer when the awning is extended.
same here as far as the strip of LED's, ... but our scare lights are mounted on the trailer side, under the awning roll, and are usable no matter if the awning is extended or retracted, ....
__________________


fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:44 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rice, WA - Sold the S&B!
Posts: 567
Scare lights.

Thank You, OneTonFord, ElChilero53 and Fella10.

My conclusion..., it was an option not exercised just like some of the other things that I won't necessarily miss. I am just surveying and inventorying.
__________________
As a teacher my signature was, “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:11 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDS View Post
Thank You, I00195219 and dbledan.

I00195219, those look like the two lights labeled "porch" (amber) and patio on the entry side of the rig.

dbledan, No scare light switch in the command center nor anywhere else that I can find.

May get the courage one day to put one on the driver side if there ever is a need. Here InfraRed for night vision might be nice as we have Deer, Bear, coyotes and mountain lion. Sometimes Elk and Moose. I often wonder late at night what is walking around out there.
Switches for theses lights will be at the front door. The will not be labeled. Just as the switches throughout your house are not labeled. They will be on a circuit with many other lights. Each light does not have a separate fuse or circuit breaker. Maybe 2-3-fuses for all 12v lighting. 2-3-circuit breakers for 110 volt lighting. I have a light on the driver side switched with the right side. Don't need that light so I took out the blub.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rice, WA - Sold the S&B!
Posts: 567
My conclusion also. Thank you for your response.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Porch light not working..

We have a new to us 2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS, and the porch light will not come on, though it did once for a second, and a couple of interior ceiling lights will not come on.....cannot find how to take covers off and see what's going on....if bulbs need replacement, or it's a circuit problem....anyone out there have any knowledge of this! Can't find anything about lights in the owner's manual....
Thanks....
pamcameron44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rice, WA - Sold the S&B!
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamcameron44 View Post
We have a new to us 2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS, and the porch light will not come on, though it did once for a second, and a couple of interior ceiling lights will not come on.....cannot find how to take covers off and see what's going on....if bulbs need replacement, or it's a circuit problem....anyone out there have any knowledge of this! Can't find anything about lights in the owner's manual....
Thanks....
I was replying when everything just went away.

The ovalish shaped lights can be gently squeezed at the fat end and pulled toward the skinny end (Sound hard, isn't). This allows you to remove/inspect/replace the bulb.

I have replaced several burned out with LED. One socket has overheated so I will need to buy a new fixture.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Lighting...UaAheWEALw_wcB
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #15
Novice Travel Trailer Guy
 
benchmarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 665
I had a similar issue with a new micro lite. It was a minor wiring issue from the manufacture. Warranted, take it to your dealer.
__________________


2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Rice, WA - Sold the S&B!
Posts: 567
Scare lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
I had a similar issue with a new micro lite. It was a minor wiring issue from the manufacture. Warranted, take it to your dealer.


No warrantee on my 2013, dealer made _that_ crystal clear. I would not trust the dealer's service department with my rig, they had a month to go over before delivery of a used rig and made us wait hours because the black water sensors showed full, etc. so we waited 2+ hours, while they figured it out.
__________________
As a teacher my signature was, “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:57 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamcameron44 View Post
We have a new to us 2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS, and the porch light will not come on, though it did once for a second, and a couple of interior ceiling lights will not come on.....cannot find how to take covers off and see what's going on....if bulbs need replacement, or it's a circuit problem....anyone out there have any knowledge of this! Can't find anything about lights in the owner's manual....
Thanks....
On my 02 5er, the living room ceiling lights are on a switch at the front door. Each ceiling light also has a switch on it so they won't light if you don't want all of them on. I don't cause there are too many.

I finally found the switch for the driverside Scare light by accident. Found the light on. I didn't turn it on. Backtracked the things I had done in the last hour and found a red lighted switch in the basement on the passenger side that I hit with a bag while loading the basement.
__________________

__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


×