Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #1

Exclamation seeking advice please!

so my wife and I just purchased our new home. a 2014 327ck its very nice inside and out. the only issue I have is that during the walk-through something happened that I wasn't worried about in the beginning but now am worried about.

when the tech guy at the dealership was putting the 2 living area slides in across from each other the L-shaped couch got stuck some how and caused an uproar in the slide holing the couch if you can picture this the couch is low to the floor so when the slide came in and was apparently supposed to go under the couch it caught and raised the entire slide room and it looked realllllllly bad but the tech guys said ohh no worries we just need to adjust the slide and so they did and I was to believe everything was fine now, so upon delivery they set it up at my site and opened the slides and that's when I noticed the tear in the nice new linoleum floor so he got pics and said well contact you in a week to arrange to fix this. I was ok with that.

but what he didn't say is we are going out of business before that and will not be fixing anything were gonna call forrest river and place a claim in your behalf and blame this on forrest river...

so now I waited my week and hadn't heard anything and called but no answer so I went by the dealership and they were almost all moved out and done, and had not too much recollection on my issue, so im not quite sure what I can do about this and I am quite pissed that they lied to us and forest river.

its going to be about 6 months before camping world will be in place of the dealership. not sure if they can even help me and also concerned if my slides are even working properly and if ill damage anything by doing so and checking into it..

I know its a lot and any info is appreciated

thankyou
chris-and-shinayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
CampingQueen

If that was my situation, I'd try to contact FR directly. Hopefully someone can chime in here with a number for the warranty department and they (FR) can direct you to another dealer who can do the repair, or handle it directly.

Wow, that is awful to find out that your dealer went out of business just after your purchase. At least you did get the unit - you hear horror stories from time to time about places that are going under taking deposits and never delivering at all.

Hope you get it fixed soon!
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Good Luck and welcome to the forum!!

Someone will come along with the FR contact information.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #4

well don't you think that they will just tell me to go find the guy that messed it up. I kinda want to sue.

and arlee453 that is good and we heard of things like that too so paid in full like idiots haha
Old 05-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #5

I would definitely call FR. They provide the warranty, not the dealership. I have had lots of warranty work done, usually by a dealer other than the dealer I purchased from. They should take care of you.

Sorry about your troubles. That is frustrating!
trttrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #6

called forest river today. and spoke to rod batts very nice guy. and he said that they would take care of it immediately. wheewwwww!!!!