Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #21

FYI, in my experience with Ford, the 350 was only a few hundred dollars more than a 250. You might lose a little ride quality when not towing, but it was a no brainer to go to the 350 for me. I haven't looked at the pricing for the new 2017s yet...

I tow a '16 312QBX with a short bed crew cab F350 diesel. I have a manual sliding Reese, but have never had to slide it for cab clearance. I do occasionally slide it so that I can open the front compartment while hitched.

Paul
pbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #22

I have a 15 Silverado 3500 standard bed and a 16 312BHX. I run a B&W with the companion non slider. I can go very close to 90 and would really have to try in order to hit the cab. Now the bed rails on my tonneau cover are another story. I have to watch those much closer.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #23

I have a 2013 Ram 2500 crew cab SB that I used to use a B&W companion slider. I sold it for an Anderson Ultimate set up because it was easier to take out of the truck when I needed to. I have a Wildcat 29rsx and have had no issues on 90 degree turns even with some weird angles in some rough camping spots. I have it with the hitch adapter closer to the tail gate.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:29 PM   #24
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
I have a 2013 Ram 2500 crew cab SB that I used to use a B&W companion slider. I sold it for an Anderson Ultimate set up because it was easier to take out of the truck when I needed to. I have a Wildcat 29rsx and have had no issues on 90 degree turns even with some weird angles in some rough camping spots. I have it with the hitch adapter closer to the tail gate.
Can you post some pictures of your set up for me? I'm going to adjust mine in the spring.
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #25

I have 2014 312BHX that I tow with a F-250 Short Bed Crew Cab diesel and have no problems with the turn radius. I did get a Curt slider hitch installed as I was not sure if I would have clearance or not but can do a 90% without it hitting the cab...it has a couple of inches to spare. Not sure about the Andersen hitch though.

K
ElKevvo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
312bhx, bed, hitch, truck