Old 08-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
I have to say it is unusual for the frame to flex in the opposite direction of the force applied to it. You would think that with weight on the pin, the gap would close and with weigh off the pin it would open up.

No idea why yours is the opposite...

I don't know how you can make that observation Lou. I would expect that it is flexing in both directions when force is applied. (ie travelling down the road) When the weight is transferred from the pin to the landing gear, the overhang settles and the crack disappears. That's the way I see it.

2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #22

That is exactly what I meant Rugged Brown. When hooked to truck, the gap opens up between the two metal straps , and when on the ground on the landing legs they close back up!

Old 08-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #23
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat66 View Post
The first I heard of WildcatChris was after I posted on this forum! To be honest I don't know how much involvement he had in this issue!
For the record I reached out to WildcatChris in 2 personal messages as he suggested to me in the thread, and never received any response back!
For the record I am not even mentioning the numerous other issues I have experienced with this particular unit. I realize that not all have problems, but when it happens to you it is very aggravating!

Look at his post upthread from this one. He said:

I've been in contact with Jared (one of the best salesmen I work with), Paul, Paul's boss Rob, and my own service staff on your issues. My people have assured me they've got this covered.

So while he may not have corresponded with you directly, he said (and I believe him) that he has been working with your dealer on your behalf.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
I don't know how you can make that observation Lou. I would expect that it is flexing in both directions when force is applied. (ie travelling down the road) When the weight is transferred from the pin to the landing gear, the overhang settles and the crack disappears. That's the way I see it.
I was looking at the miter as a hinge. Force up on pin (weight on truck) should close the miter; weight off truck and the front could sag, thus opening the gap in the miter.

Obviously something else is going on.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat66 View Post
That is exactly what I meant Rugged Brown. When hooked to truck, the gap opens up between the two metal straps , and when on the ground on the landing legs they close back up!
I had the same problem, the solution last year at the Rally was they removed the short screws and installed 41/2" on a angle under the rubber center. It's been a year and no more problems. They did the same to Daisy Boytons unit. The screws where just to short....Good luck and Wildcat is lucky to have Chris on this forum, wish we had a Rockwood rep on this forum.....He'll do you right.... hint, hint, hint FR.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I had the same problem, the solution last year at the Rally was they removed the short screws and installed 41/2" on a angle under the rubber center. It's been a year and no more problems. They did the same to Daisy Boytons unit. The screws where just to short....Good luck and Wildcat is lucky to have Chris on this forum, wish we had a Rockwood rep on this forum.....He'll do you right.... hint, hint, hint FR.
They did this to the front of my overhang. I was having trouble keeping caulk in the seam.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #27
JAYCO Representative

I'm on the road at a dealer's Open House this weekend, but I will check back in on this when I return!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #28

Sidewall crack!

We have been looking at a Wildcat model but after some research, I found issues with Lippert's pin box main beam failures. After reading the flexing issues above, it's sounds like these folks are slowly experiencing this. Has anyone had this issue with the main beam failure with newer models? Frankly, it has moved us away from looking at any fifth wheels until we can find Lippert has addressed this major issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slympicins View Post
We have been looking at a Wildcat model but after some research, I found issues with Lippert's pin box main beam failures. After reading the flexing issues above, it's sounds like these folks are slowly experiencing this. Has anyone had this issue with the main beam failure with newer models? Frankly, it has moved us away from looking at any fifth wheels until we can find Lippert has addressed this major issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Don't all the new Wildcat's use BAL frames?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #30
Plain Old Member

They do now. Not sure when it started, but I think in the 2014's. Maybe earlier but not sure.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote