Old 05-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #1

Slide Leak in my new 312BHX

Wardrobe slide in my 312BHX was missing two screws in the metal on the top and one on the side of the slide... Water came in...slightly separated the seam in the wardrobe and got the carpet wet...I verified by running the hose over the location of the two missing screws...I patched it up with some dicor lap sealant and there is no longer a leak as far as I can tell, but seriously WILDCAT??? Unacceptable IMHO. Wildcat Chris...you may want to relay this to your QC/production folks, especially considering my situation as you are well aware. A leaking camper equals a very unhappy customer.

When I have time, I will take it in for a good look over, but it appears the sealant worked fine for now and maybe that's all a repair shop would have done anyways. I have thoroughly enjoyed this camper so far...but this leak is a real buzz killer.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #2

Make sure you get the carpet/floor as dry as you can, or else you may end up with permanent damage. I would run a hair drier or some other heat/fan on the wet spot for as long as it takes, and get it hot.
Same for the slide.
Water in a camper is a nightmare.
I agree that that should have never happened, and whoever did the quality inspection should be fired.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonG View Post
Make sure you get the carpet/floor as dry as you can, or else you may end up with permanent damage. I would run a hair drier or some other heat/fan on the wet spot for as long as it takes, and get it hot.
Same for the slide.
Water in a camper is a nightmare.
I agree that that should have never happened, and whoever did the quality inspection should be fired.
Thanks, everything has been dried and it should be good to go. As far as the QC folks at Wildcat ...It should have been caught, especially after they screwed up the roof on my first camper. I am not a happy camper
Old 05-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
JAYCO Representative

I'll relay this to our the QC team...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
I'll relay this to our the QC team...
Thanks Chris...I hope to get it in for a good look over by next month if I can get it scheduled. I really don't know if they would do anything different, but I don't want any issues in the future concerning the warranty.

I still can't wrap my head around the missing screws on the wardrobe slide though...