Old 08-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Unhappy Slide out not working - Please help! RESOLVED

Just sold our 2004 26' Wildcat and when the purchaser got it home he tried to open the slideout and held down the close button by accident. He said it (the motor) made some noise for about 20 seconds, then nothing. Now no matter what he pressed (in or out) nothing happens. He called us so we are trying to help troubleshoot. If you press the in/out button inside the front door for the slide out you can hear a click at the motor. If you use the in/out button directly at the motor you hear nothing. We have only been able to find one fuse in the fuse panel inside the trailer and it is not blown (we've even tried swapping it for others). There are no tripped circuit breakers. I've read on other sites that there might be an inline fuse? If so, I can't find it. This slide was working perfectly fine earlier today. The battery is fully charged.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any assistance, Jennifer

jtavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
My rv has circuit breakers in the battery compartment. I had no idea, until I asked for help on the forum, that these were resettable circuit breakers. The positive wire from the battery connects to the breaker. After pulling off the protective cover of the breaker I found the reset button on the underside. There are two breakers in my rv. The one that tripped controlled my front landing gear and main slide. Hopefully this helps. Good luck

rockwooddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Hi, thanks for your response. Mine isn't a fifth wheel. Just a travel trailer. I've checked for any relays or fuses behind the battery along the tongue of the trailer and underneath. I can find wires, but that's it.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
I like to look at the simple things first: Are all wires and connections good, free of corrosion and are tight? Are batteries charged? I am surprised there is not an in-line fuse (but maybe some trailers don't have them). Has someone followed the cable from the pos terminal on the battery all the way back to the slide to check for a fuse or resettable breaker?

Here are some other thoughts:

Maybe the solenoid is bad now?

If not, the next thing I would check is the voltage to the slide-out drive motor itself. Do you have 12 volts getting to the motor?

If you're getting power, then I might try to manually open it part way. If you are not able to do this, then something is binding.

If you can open partway, try to extend it with the motor the rest of the way.

good luck
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
All fixed!! I climbed under the trailer again and there was a wire running from the battery to a junction where two wires came out. They were super tiny and hard to see but there were two black buttons (and I mean tiny!) I pressed one and it clicked back in. Everything worked fine. What a relief! Hope this helps someone else.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #6
I had a problem with my 2014 Roockwood Roo 233S slide out and the air conditioner was clicking without running. I read that the slide out problem might be a burnt fuse (30AMP). I located the fuse underneath the trailer, changed it with a new 30AMP fuse. The slide out works like a chyme and the air conditioner also started running as it should be. I guess the air conditioner and the slide out are connected by birth...a 30AMP fuse. Thanks for FR forum.

eudoragreenspace is offline   Reply With Quote