Old 04-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #1

Slide Seal Loose

My rubber slide out seal, on the main slide, has come loose. It hangs out and gets caught when moving the slde in and out.

I assume I need to clean the white silicone looking stuff off the black rubber seal, and frame then re-apply something to blue it back in. Anyone have experience or thoughts on how or what to use?

Old 04-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluguglyinhere View Post
My rubber slide out seal, on the main slide, has come loose. It hangs out and gets caught when moving the slde in and out.

I assume I need to clean the white silicone looking stuff off the black rubber seal, and frame then re-apply something to blue it back in. Anyone have experience or thoughts on how or what to use?
Are you talking about the wiper seal or the compressable seals? The wipers do at times come off of the flange they are attached to. On mine this has been a problem but I pull them off and apply some silicone adhesive to the pocket of the wiper and then re-attach it to the flange. Usually don't have problems with them after that.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #3

I am not sure what I am talking about, but it is the black rubber seal that appears to be attached to the trailer not the slide. I feels and looks like a door seal on a car.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluguglyinhere View Post
I am not sure what I am talking about, but it is the black rubber seal that appears to be attached to the trailer not the slide. I feels and looks like a door seal on a car.
Wiper seals are like a very large squegee and wipe water off the side of the rig when it closes. I suspect this is what you are talking about. You can pull them loose quite easily and apply some silicone adhesive/sealant to the pocket on them and then re attach them to the metal trim around the opening.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #5

These were inside those I believe and I think I got it fixed. I have large squeege as mentioned type and then on the a larger but similiar to an automobile door seal on the camper around the slide. I bought some weather strip glue, cleaned them and reapplied
Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #6

Ours came loose too but we thought it did that because we have 2 sort of domed shaped sky lights and that they are causing the problem. We took it back for warranty work and had to pay for it and all they did was put a screw in place to hold the wiper there, I just cringe everytime we have to open and close the slide since it probably won't hold very long. What do you think about the sky lights causing the problem???

Tags
wildcat