Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #1

Slideout motor fuse/breaker

Greetings from a newbee to this forum

can anyone tell me where to find the fuse/breaker for the slideout motor? I'm putting together a basic electrical spare parts kit for my newly aquired 2005 24RL fifth wheel. I've been able to figure out most of the other electrical system needs except the darn slideout power system. Don't want to tear things apart needlessly if someone out there can help.

Thanks
andy t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy t
Greetings from a newbee to this forum

can anyone tell me where to find the fuse/breaker for the slideout motor? I'm putting together a basic electrical spare parts kit for my newly aquired 2005 24RL fifth wheel. I've been able to figure out most of the other electrical system needs except the darn slideout power system. Don't want to tear things apart needlessly if someone out there can help.

Thanks
Slide out fuse is normally in ac/dc power distribution panel.
But there may be a circuit breaker on the positive battery cable within 18" of battery.
Welcome to the forum!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

In my 5th wheel there were 3 pigtail 30 amp fuses "hidden" behind the battery box. 2 for the two main slides and one for the front landing gear.

When I rewired the battery compartment I moved them higher and replaced the 30 amp single blow fuses with automatic reset ones from AutoZone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper 002.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	15496  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #4

Thanks for the tip, turbo. There are 2 CB's (tied together on the pos side) behind the batts so I will try to trace the circuit to the slider and will take another look at the fuse/breaker panel as well. Just trying to figure out where to look and what spare fuses to have if the slider circuit ever "pops". The manual back-up to move the slider is a bugger to get to. Maybe I will try to move the slider manually just to see how difficult it is.

andy
Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #5

Thanks herk. I see a in-line 30A fuse for the front landing gear. Looks like the circuit also goes thru a couple of circuit breakers (need to verify amps) with some other stuff (not sure what yet). So far, all systems work fine. Just trying to get a handle on how systems work in case of a failure. I like your main batt switch set-up. Don't have that on mine. Good idea.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #6

Just another spot to check, I know a lot of slides are different but when I took mine apart to repair it I found a inline fuse about 3 inches away from the slide motor. Just by looking I would have never known it was there had I not done the repairs myself.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #7

Thanks Motocross

where do you think the access to the slide motor would be? I can't seem to find access from the top so maybe only from underside??

Tags
breaker, led pad