Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2016, 03:49 PM   #1

Sticky Sliding Windows

Finally getting tired of busting my knuckles trying to open a couple pf windows on my FR262RGX. These are the ones that you have to push the two tabs to center before moving. I have looked at various "on line" solutions with everything from candle wax to camel p... Seems like the best thing to use is a dry silicone spray??? Have any of you had this issue with your rig? Mine is a year old and I should have had it looked at prior to warranty going out, but such is life. I would think this to be a relatively easy solution. Is there one particular brand of dry silicone spray that works best?
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
Popup graduate

I had the same problem with one window. I could see rub marks in the lower side of the frame where the window was binding. It looks like the frame was compressed inward against the sides of the window when installed and was squeezing the window when it was closed. I loosened the screws on the frame then used all-thread and PVC pipe to make a jack-screw to spread the frame apart. I tightened the screws in the frame and the window now moves smoothly.

Check for rub marks in your frame. If you see signs of the finish being rubbed off lubrication probably won't fix it.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #3

Thanks 23DS for your input. I went ahead and sprayed silicone spray on the window frame edges and saw immediate improvement! Hopefully, this will be a simple fix for now and future.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote