Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #1

sure hope this is taken care of

been having a stopping issue with the coach since we bought it. the brakes suck.... cant even lock em up at 10mph with the pads adjusted to hard drag, dealer says ok ..lol finally talked to a person at forest river/ wildcat and he is going to get this issue resolved with lippert/dexter . if this is not taken care I will prob sell this brand new trailer never buy from forest river again, and or spend my own hard earned money and do the axle upgrade myself... not happy but hope to be

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #2

I had the same problem with poor brakes. I finally found that the magnets at the brakes were weak. with 4 new magnets you better have a seat belt on because it will stop right now!!!! I couldn`t even lock up my brakes on gravel! now I have my controller set to about 11 with no boost.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
DDC

Tell forest river you will be getting it inspected by the d o t as their product showing unsafe characteristics, the product must be safe to use for the purpose it was intended. Could cost them a bundle if they are ordered to recall all these units and make sure they meet the standards.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #4

Having a problem with my coach as well, I hope it gets fixed. I don't believe I will buy another forest river product again.
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #5

my last TT at 7500K would really pull on the truck, but i am sitting at 12.5 and I do know it will still be heavy to stop but it should at least lock up at speeds under 20 with the prod set at max boost and max level. this trailer is really starting to turn in to a lemon, some little, some not so much. but the dealer is taking care of us execpt the brake issue

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 10-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #6

I have been chasing brake issues for the last few months on mine and finally think I have them worked out. I ended up putting on 4 new backing plates and replacing the suspect bearing seals on the drums and now I have stopping power. Before I could be idling in my truck and pull the manual brake lever on my P3 and barely slow down. Since replacing the parts I have one good heat cycle on the new brake equipment and they show a drastic improvement. I'm sure after a couple more heat cycles and adjustments I will be happy with what I have. If nothing else it has been a learning experience, when pulling new wires for the brakes I found out where all sorts of wires\pipes were run under the 5er
Old 11-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #7

well looks like the factory and lippert says everything is ok, now I need to talk to a lawyer, or drop 3k on new axles and wheels, I think the lawyer thing is the way to go and lot cheaper in the long run, I filed a complaint with USDOT but dont think anything will happen with them

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide