Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Suspecting Water Damage and Questions

I have a 2009 31TS. If facing the back the left corner is in question. 1) When water runs down the side and about 1' above the horizontal molding on the left side, you can press the side about 1/4" and hear a crunch sound (sounds like the spray insulation). I have recaulked the seams for now. 2) On the same side on the back, there is a channel that a removable rubber piece fits in. At the very bottom just above the corner protector the rubber piece was cut short by 3/4". Today I took the corner protector screws out and there ws no tension of them holding. They were rusty as well. I filled the channel with caulk to prevent more water from going in to the protector.

Can anybody offer any suggestions about where to start to determine if this is a problem or not?
I started to take the corner moulding off but decided to try and get some opinions first.

jsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Only way to know for sure is to take things apart and look.

donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Anytime wood screws are rusty and don't have any holding power it's not good news. Donn's right, I'm afraid.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Fourn3833 is offline   Reply With Quote