Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #1

Talking Taking delivery on 12/05/09

Well just spoke with the dealer, and were going to take possession on our trailer on 12/05/09. I am having the dealer change out the two 12 volt batteries and replacing them with four 6 volt batteries for $150.00. That will include the four batteries, vented boxes and brackets to secure them to the floor area.
I used 6 volts in are last trailer and got about six years worth of use out of them. I never had luck running the 12 volt batteries seemed to be replacing them about every other year.
As soon as I can I will post some pics of the upgrades/mods once we get it home.

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmall View Post
Well just spoke with the dealer, and were going to take possession on our trailer on 12/05/09. I am having the dealer change out the two 12 volt batteries and replacing them with four 6 volt batteries for $150.00. That will include the four batteries, vented boxes and brackets to secure them to the floor area.
I used 6 volts in are last trailer and got about six years worth of use out of them. I never had luck running the 12 volt batteries seemed to be replacing them about every other year.
As soon as I can I will post some pics of the upgrades/mods once we get it home.
Excellent call on the batteries. That was my first mod too. Switched over to 6-6V batteries. Great deal too if the $150 includes the batteries as they usually run about $150ea.

Congrats' on the new trailer and enjoy...
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Excellent call on the batteries. That was my first mod too. Switched over to 6-6V batteries. Great deal too if the $150 includes the batteries as they usually run about $150ea.

Congrats' on the new trailer and enjoy...
Thats what he said the difference would be between 2-12 volts and 4-6 volts and his email included the boxes, vent covers and bracket.

Bill
56 Gallon Titan Tank
Old 11-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Knower of Some Things

That is a good deal. The best price I've EVER seen on ONE 6 volt battery is $125.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #5

The dealer called me tonight and said that my Cat is on his lot. He said that Forest River mounted the spare tire beneath the under belly in the front between the landing gear.
Its funny when I first called Forest River about changing the mounting location from the bumper to beneath the front. They told me that they could change the location but it would be to the rear beneath the trailer. I guess someone up there decided that the front would work out and thats where they put it. So I am happy, my dealer said it looked good under the front.

I will post some pictures after I get it home next weekend.

Bill
56 Gallon Titan Tank

Tags
wildcat