Old 12-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR View Post
Another anomaly I noticed was the cold air returns donít draw any air. Instead, there is a slight warm breeze coming from the cold air returns. The hot air vents have a very warm and noticeable airflow. I plan to remove some panels in the basement and see what is happening there. Perhaps a trip to the dealer is the answer.
TGR, what year and model Wildcat do you have? You mentioned "cold air returnS" as in more than one return. Where are these returns? I have 4 air returns in the ceiling of my Wildcat which drawn air from the cabin when the air conditioner blower is operating. I have a single air return for the furnace although, as has been said, the furnace sucks input air from all available cracks! I will say there is not much of a crack between my basement storage and the catacombs where my furnace hides. I doubt if much air is drawn from my basement.

Regarding the tank heaters: I might have missed reading it, but does your tank heater switch include a light (as mine does) to indicate when it is ON? If so, is the light burning? If not, you may have a blown fuse.

Just tryin' to help.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #12
TGR

I have a 2015 Wildcat 282 RKX with a rear kitchen. There is one cold air return in the kitchen floor and one in the bathroom floor. This model has the bedroom and bathroom similar to many of the late-model Wildcat 5th wheels with the BAL frame and drop-frame basement.

The tank heater switch has a light to indicate power to the heating pads and it lights as expected. I think gljurczyk's explanation fits my situation. The furnace was running and although the outside temperature was in the teens, the tanks were likely above the 40 degrees required for the DC tank heaters to turn on when I tried cycling the tank heaters.

The weather has been too cold for me to look further into this issue. Perhaps a trip to a warmer climate will give me a chance to investigate more!

Old 12-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #13
Site Team

OK, thanks. I don't remember ever seeing cold air returns in the floor - only warm furnace air outlets.

Sent (I think)

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, tank