Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Tank Heater Switch

We own a 2007 Wildcat 26FBS. One of the switches in the kitchen is labeled "Tank Heater". It is next to the Hot water heater switch with the red light. When I turn the "tank heater" switch on, my interior floor rope lights come on. Can someone tell me if this switch is also turning on the tank heater or is it just mislabeled? How do I tell if I even have a tank heater? Where do I look?

Thanks in advance

Jaketinback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
lol it appears someone has disabled the heated tank switch and used it for rope lights .

if you have an enclosed under belly you may not be able to see tank heaters .
there pads glued or taped to the bottom of the tank .
MY 06 tt had them and only used once and I am not sure I even needed to and I live in the midwest .

welcome to the forums . do a search on tank heaters here >>>>

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou
Is the camper "new to you" or did you own it from the "git go?"

If you bought it used; my guess is the rope lights are aftermarket and the previous owner picked a convenient hot wire to use.

That switch should only turn on your holding tank heater pads.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
The camper is new to us. It is my understanding that interior rope lights were a standard feature on most Wildcats and that tank heaters were not. Rather confusing to say the least. It doesent seem logical that that particular switch would actuate both the lights and the tank heater(s). Anyway Im going to do a little snooping today and see what I can find out such as where the wiring goes after the switch and if there are any wires that are going under the camper to the so called heating pads. I was also advised that the heating of the tanks on most Wildcats is accomplished by heating ducts that run from the furnace. Learn something new every day.

Thanks for your input.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Mystery solved. Went out and followed the wiring to and from the switch. Power comes in to the switch, goes through the switch and then terminates at the rope lights. No other wires going anywhere from the switch. Guess I should have checked that earlier. Thanks to those of you who replied.