Old 07-23-2015, 09:04 PM   #1
The search continues- Thoughts on Wildcat 28RLS?

Hi, I posted on the general forum several months back. Since then, as we've gone to shows and looked at RVs our ideas of what we want have evolved. We've gone from looking at rockwood mini-lites to the idea of buying a fifth wheel since almost everyone we've spoken to says that starting cramped is a good way to end the rv adventure quickly. We have seen a number of brands, but are coming to realize that the word on Forest River is mostly positive in terms of quality. A 2004 Wildcat 28RLS has come on the market. In the words of the owner- purchased used and hardly used. It's been parked in a field eighteen months ago and hasn't moved since then. Tires are six years old and less than 1000 miles on them. Winterized regularly according to the owner. We will have to travel a ways to look at it and at 12,000 it seems a bit high. What do you all think about the model and what it might take to get it back on the road?

pearlbalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:10 PM   #2
Site Team
At a minimum. Tires ( regardless of mileage) and batteries. If it has been in a field unused, check for critters. Have owner get it to somewhere there is power and start fridge check out everything. Price does sound high for 11 year old trailer, but did not expect to owner to say it was abused, he wants to sell it.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:08 PM   #3
Agree with Flybob, just your description made me not want it, but occasionally a gem comes along, I would go over everything and would want to see personally that everything works, I would also really look for water leaks and damage on the inside and delamination on the exterior. Good luck hope this is a good unit.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
We have a 2011 FR Wildcat and I would tell you to look closer to home to take pressure off from buying an overpriced rv of any brand. 2004 usually means built in 2003 or early 2004. Sitting in field for extended periods usually is not where you would look for a well preserved rv, keep looking, just like used cars, there will be another one that wil come closer to fitting your needs and less likely to be a disappointment. Hope you find one that won't be a hole that you pour money in
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:49 AM   #5

I have a 2006 Wildcat 29RLS that is for sale in eastern NC. Wildcats are very well built and very few problems. If interested please let me know.
rocarbaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:29 PM   #6
My 2009 27RL FW had only been towed once, 150 miles, to a lot where the couple used it only on weekends while their new home was being built. Its practically new but does have some delam that I will repair by shooting epoxy into the wall space next Spring.

Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, wildcat