Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #1

they dinged my door

I have had my 5er in and out of the shop for over a month now for my fridge that stopped working. They can not seem to find the problem. They keep blaming it on Dometic for the amount of time it is taking them. Today they finally got the new cooling unit in but called me and stated that they put a ding in the door and have to order me a new one. So now I have to take it back in when they receive the new door. We picked up our camper last weekend from them so we could take it to Fort Wilderness without the refrigerator working. We got a lot of rain. Found a leak in the corner of our wardrobe slide and then while I was hooking up to come home, water came pouring out of our front cap. Now there is a leak up there as well. Many problems already starting on our 8 month old Wildcat. We still had a blast camping and will continue to do so. By kids still love camping no matter what shape the camper is in.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #2

What part of Florida you from ? Who's the Dealer ?
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
What part of Florida you from ? Who's the Dealer ?
We are in Melbourne. We took the camper to Quality RV because they said they do warranty work and they could get us in right away. Now I can see why they weren't busy.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #4

We originally bought the camper at Camping World in Winter Garden but that is farther than I would like to take it and I wouldn't go back to them for anything anyway.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
New:

I took mine in for repair recently for a couple issues from a storm here in cfl. The insurance told me to take it back and make them make it right.
I went to clean the coach up before my trip to the keys, it was very dirty from sitting on their lot. Lesson learned is: NO matter how busy you are and in a hurry, make sure you do a walk through of the coach from top to bottom and back to front before you leave the site. I found 2 scratches on one of the front wheel trims plus the mirror above and opposite side back wheel trim. Also found scratch by the latter where someone climbed up to work on the room and put a scratch in. Also while on the roof found the AC shroud (brand new) was gouged where they went under something and hit or it blew off the roof while they worked on the AC leak. I will never figure out why, RV sellers other than maybe Lazydays has lots so small for Rigs so big! They have to move multiple RV's just to get mine out when I come to get mine from service. Since I didn't do a walk through of the rig after pickup. How do I prove they did it?! Bad me no donuts!
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door