Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #1

Time to wake up !!!!!!

The Wildcat is the number one selling line of RV sold by FROG, yet this section of the forum is DEAD!!!!

OK, maybe it's just because I'm a new WC owner and want to learn more, hear more and feel apart of the community.

How about injecting some life into this sub-forum and posting up more often. I don't care if you are Happy, Sad, Pleased or want to complain. Have you been out in it lately? Have you done any personalization to your WC...show it up. Have you learned anything new that others may benefit from knowing.....share it with us.

OK, stepping down from the soap box, no more preaching from me...for now.

Ya'll have a great day. Now Post and Post often.
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
Site Team

jonrjen, I'm sending you a private message.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #3

I kinda feel the same about the palomino people. I see some, but would enjoy more.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
The Wildcat is the number one selling line of RV sold by FROG, yet this section of the forum is DEAD!!!! OK, maybe it's just because I'm a new WC owner and want to learn more, hear more and feel apart of the community. How about injecting some life into this sub-forum and posting up more often. I don't care if you are Happy, Sad, Pleased or want to complain. Have you been out in it lately? Have you done any personalization to your WC...show it up. Have you learned anything new that others may benefit from knowing.....share it with us. OK, stepping down from the soap box, no more preaching from me...for now. Ya'll have a great day. Now Post and Post often.
I know how you feel. I have a Chaparral 325MKS and I feel like I'm the only one who has one..lol
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
Campfire Master

It's 15° and snowing here right now. All camping is to me right now is a dream!

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #6

Same here too, we have a Blue Ridge and I think we are the only ones that love it.
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #7

So very true jonrjen and I have no idea why. Wildcat owners don’t seem to attend rallies either. You could probably count on one hand how many Wildcats there were at the first FROG rally in Goshen. This past Goshen rally there were a few more Wildcats but probably still less than 10.

There is another forum dedicated to Wildcat owners at WildcatCamperForum.com but that forum is pretty dead too. One would never know how popular the Wildcat RV line is judging by the online participation. During the 8 years I owned Wildcat fifth wheels I tried to organize a rally on at least four different occasions with no success.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #8

I drive by this one place most every day, there is a Wildcat sitting there that I know (it has a flat tire) has not moved in two years.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Incheon, S. Korea

Aren't Wildcats at the upper end of the price point for factory-made fivers?
If so, I'd guess they don't spend much time on forums.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #10

Maybe if there were pictures ? I mean Start a thread and post pictures of your rigs and I promise to notice and make an odd post now and then !
Old 12-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #11
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
The Wildcat is the number one selling line of RV sold by FROG, yet this section of the forum is DEAD!!!!

OK, maybe it's just because I'm a new WC owner and want to learn more, hear more and feel apart of the community.

How about injecting some life into this sub-forum and posting up more often. I don't care if you are Happy, Sad, Pleased or want to complain. Have you been out in it lately? Have you done any personalization to your WC...show it up. Have you learned anything new that others may benefit from knowing.....share it with us.

OK, stepping down from the soap box, no more preaching from me...for now.

Ya'll have a great day. Now Post and Post often.
Maybe it'll take you posting everything you do with your Wildcat to get others interested in participating on the forum!?

Old 12-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
Ahhhh, so you're saying they're off in caviar comas?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
I think Wildcats are more in the mid-priced range. Definitely not in the same class as Cedar Creeks.

We bought our first fifth wheel Wildcat, a 27RK model, in late 2003 and paid $17,500 for it. The dealer threw in the hitch, installation, and a RV starter kit for that price. At the time it was a lot of bang for the buck. In 2007 we bought a 2008 Wildcat 28RKBS and that same dealer was asking $32,500 for it. He gave us $17,500 in trade for our old Wildcat.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 12-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #14

I would say that Wildcat is more middle of the road in the price and perceived quality in the line up. But, I would also say it is at the top of the line when it comes to Bang for the Buck.

What it offers for the customer is a great value and platform to personalize to the owners taste or simply leave it as it came from the factory. In our case I like it pretty much as the factory built it. However the wife likes more bling and custom appeal.

We are going to the Wildcat from a 40' National Pacifica pusher with three slide outs loaded with tile floors/black splashes, leather, W/D, 3 HAVC units and basement storage galore. We however plan to introduce the grandkids to RVing and the motorhome just was not kid vs Grandpa friendly.

So the new Wildcat offers a good living floor plan with a bath and a half, plenty of basement and interior storage, an entry price that allows for great times with out the up keep of a diesel pusher.

Current plans include to replace the night shades with wood shades, fireplace surround faux brick with tile, add tile back splashes to the kitchen, tile floors in the master bath, replace the queen bed with a king bed and then work on window dressings.

I will post photos of the changes as they get started and progress to being finished.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #15

FWIW: I'm even looking forward to the Girard tankless water heater. And that's even after reading all the negative feedback. However, I will miss not being able to run a water heater off of RV park electric for free.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I think Wildcats are more in the mid-priced range. Definitely not in the same class as Cedar Creeks.
yep, Wildcat 5th wheels are definitely in the mid range. lots of 5th wheels more expensive, more upgrades and much bigger.
but i agree that they are at the top of offering a lot of quality, at a lower price.
i just wish they'd offer a front living room model.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #17

I may be wrong, but I sure think I recall seeing a front living Wildcat somewhere along the hunt for the 353LS that we purchased.

We had really fallen for the front living floor plans in the beginning. Until we stood in the front living area and looked down upon the kitchen where there was far too many times a door leading to the hallway where the bath and bedroom were located. It make the lower floor look very small and limited as to space.

But, then that's why they make so many different floor plans to keep us all happy.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #18

Yes, Wildcat offered the 343 FLR for a couple of years but discontinued that floorplan.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 12-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #19

Quote:

How about injecting some life into this sub-forum and posting up more often. I don't care if you are Happy, Sad, Pleased or want to complain. .
they frown if you complain too much, we bought a new WC in 2012 and had lots and lots of issues, got all of them worked out, no help from the factory or the dealer, but we love the floor plan.

Quote:
FWIW: I'm even looking forward to the Girard tankless water heater. .
you will not untill all the bugs are worked out of the system, it took us almost 6 months before I got it to work perfect..

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #20

We all need to vent from time to time, and no one likes to receive less than they expected to receive.

I would love to think that my Wildcat will be perfect and free from all defects, but I don't expect that will be the case. I will fix what I can. If any issues are from out sourced suppliers such as the hot water heater, air conditioner, furnace, awnings or such then I have a local repair center that is an authorized repair facility for all of these. If it is a FR problem then I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

I really don't foresee having any issues with the Girard tankless water heater. After all, those of you who went this route before me have worked out all the bugs of the system. It would appear that it needs two things to operate correctly. Proper water PSI flow and absolutely no air in the water lines. The two areas that most often forget to be purged of air in the water lines are the outside shower and the washer water lines in the washer/dryer closet. Very few Wildcats have a w/d hook up including our floor plan. I just need to remember to flush the outside shower lines to clear any air pockets.