Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #1

Tire blow out, need skirting

Does anybody know if I can order the metal skirting on my 2012 344qb wildcat. I had a blow out on the tire took the lower skirting with it.

k52412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #2

Take a picture of the good one, might help.....did you check with dealer?
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #3

I have a call into the deal right now. Sometimes it seems that things get done a lot faster on these forums. Thanks
Old 06-23-2015, 04:53 PM   #4

Sorry to hear of your damage from the blowout. The dealer should be able to order that for you.
On a side note, What brand of tire blew out? How old was the tire? How many miles?
Good luck finding the new skirt and I hope it does not cost too much.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:46 PM   #5

Skirting fr wildcat

Cruchman asked about mileage year,age of tire. If your steel belts broke you maybe able to claim compensation from the manufacturer.
lydrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #6

I found it alot easier to bypass the dealer and go straight to parts at the manufacture.
Hornnumb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #7

Save the tire carcass and tread for a claim.

There is an outfit near Fresno CA that makes discontinued skirts. I think they are called Sierra Engineering. They made some for my Cedar Creek 5er
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:33 PM   #8

Just a follow up in case anybody is looking for this in the future. The sheeting is called j wrap. I really appreciate all of the comments and suggestions. These forums always seem to come through when looking for answers.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #9

Lower radius skirt IS available from FR and the fender should still be. If not you can get the fender from Icon.com. Big cost is freight and crate for radius metal. Your insurance will cover all but deductible.
hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by k52412 View Post
Just a follow up in case anybody is looking for this in the future. The sheeting is called j wrap. I really appreciate all of the comments and suggestions. These forums always seem to come through when looking for answers.

Could you share with the forum who the manufacture was,how old and how many miles was on the tire ? I have Chinese tires on mine maybe I ought to consider changing them out.
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:13 PM   #11

I don't remember the brand and I replaced them all first thing Monday morning. They where the original tires the came on the 2012 wildcat 344qb. We had 3 full camping seasons on them.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:41 PM   #12

In the trade it is called J metal. It's generic
robertjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #13
Roadrunners

Tire blowout

Had that happen to me. Your insurance should cover that. Did damage to under carriage as well including brackets and flooring. If you haven't already inspected that you may want to. I would take it to your dealer and let them handle. You're right it does take longer (mine about a month) but they found additional damage that wasn't spotted at first.
Purchased all new tires because I had 2 blowouts on the same trip. I'll never buy Goodyear Marathon tires again. Tires weren't even a year old. Original equipment and Goodyear would not stand behind the tires. 😡
Travejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:09 AM   #14

Sorry this happen to you.
I just replace a section on mine (camping table contact)...ordered from factory through my dealer.
My cost was around 10$ per foot delivered to the dealer in Canada.
Shipping and customs are really a killer for us!
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:20 AM   #15

This is a covered peril under most insurance policies, less your comprehensive deductible. When I filed a claim with Progressive, they turned it over to their subrogation department; however, if they are off name tires, the insurance carrier has little recourse short of going after the People’s Republic of China. If they were a Goodyear or Carlisle, etc., they might go after an American company for recovery.

If you have not already considered this, if you traveled very far at all on the one remaining tire on the blow out side, that tire has likely been compromised structurally from the additional weight and should be replaced as a priority. I failed to heed that advice and had a second blow out 2 trips later…
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
This is a covered peril under most insurance policies, less your comprehensive deductible. When I filed a claim with Progressive, they turned it over to their subrogation department; however, if they are off name tires, the insurance carrier has little recourse short of going after the People’s Republic of China. If they were a Goodyear or Carlisle, etc., they might go after an American company for recovery.
Just last week I had a catastrophic failure of a tire resulting in damage to the side of my 5th wheel trailer too. The brand "Trail America" was the Factory Installed tire. Funny the owner’s manual listed two possible vendors for the factory equipment, Goodyear Marathon and Carlisle. For some reason they jumped the shark to save some money. This resulted in no information on the tire company at all. I tried to call the Forest River factory in OR that built my trailer. No info provided by way of no response to my phone calls.

I was able to identify the importer as JCA Corp. they are located in the NW, Bellevue area I think. BTW when I researched the Goodyear tire, they now show China as county of origin on their ST Marathon trailer tires.

I've posted this incident and my attempts to rectify my challenges in a thread "Trail America" tire blow out.

Tom Stillman
Vancouver, WA
2012 Forest River Wildcat Sterling Edition
2010 Ford F350 Super cab (With all the junk taken off) With H&S tuner and set of bags on the back.
tstillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstillman View Post
Just last week I had a catastrophic failure of a tire resulting in damage to the side of my 5th wheel trailer too. The brand "Trail America" was the Factory Installed tire. Funny the owner’s manual listed two possible vendors for the factory equipment, Goodyear Marathon and Carlisle. For some reason they jumped the shark to save some money. This resulted in no information on the tire company at all. I tried to call the Forest River factory in OR that built my trailer. No info provided by way of no response to my phone calls.

I was able to identify the importer as JCA Corp. they are located in the NW, Bellevue area I think. BTW when I researched the Goodyear tire, they now show China as county of origin on their ST Marathon trailer tires.

I've posted this incident and my attempts to rectify my challenges in a thread "Trail America" tire blow out.

ALL ST tires with the exception of Maxxis (IMO the only ST tire worth buying) are made in China, Carlisle and Goodyear included. Your insurance carrier may go after an American brand name company like a Goodyear or Carlisle to try and subrogate/collect on your loss.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #18

Tire blowout

Did you save the tires? If so you maybe able to make a clim to the tire manufacture. I had blow of a couple of years ago; steel belts broke on tire. I made a clima to Goodyear. They replaced the tire and covered the 1500.0 damage to my fifth wheel
lydrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #19

Yea I've still have the bad one and the others as well. I'm going to let the insurance go after the tire company to work on refunding.

Tom Stillman
Vancouver, WA
2012 Forest River Wildcat Sterling Edition
2010 Ford F350 Super cab (With all the junk taken off) With H&S tuner and set of bags on the back.
tstillman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire