Old 11-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #11

There are times when a slider is worth it's weight in gold. I don't use it a lot but when you need it you really need it. A couple of times each year it saves the day! Trying to get into some of the federal or state parks is where most of my slider use happens. Think of it as insurance - most of the time it is not needed, but every once in a while it proves essential.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #12

Not sure where you are at but I have a superguide that I have been using for not even 2 years yet that I need to sell. It works great and I always liked it for being automatic, one less thing to worry about. Traded trucks so no longer need it.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
HSVBamaBob, don't understand the problem with the Revolution, I've had it since Feb12 and have no problem whatsoever hitching and I have half of a hard tonneau cover on when hitching. Never have a problem hitching at a slight angle either, the hitch just rotates and click, it's hitched. I like it as it allows me to cover the entire bed while towing.
x's 2 on the revolution, I have a Husky hitch and had to get a special wedge the standard one caused me problems. Husky sent it to me. I do not have any problem hooking up at all. I think I payed 40.00 for it. Check the web site for the wedge your hitch needs, they have a listing of different models for different hitches. If you get your pin in the jaws it will hitch. You do not have to be a 100% on. I put a yellow strip of paint on the pin box and two pieces of tape on the back window about 2" apart then just line it up first try every time.....I don't even think about it anymore and it great in tight places like gas station and parking lots........
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #14

Thanks guys -- I have written Reese about the install issues and provided a copy of the email to Reese to Dandy's RV...now to wait and see what happens!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkr View Post
having a slider is sort of like having 4x4. You typically don't use it much but it's nice to have when you need it.

xx2
Old 11-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #16

3+ years of fulltiming and needed our slider hitch exactly once, and could have gotten around it that time as well.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #17

Thanks everyone. Sounds like B&W is the preferred brand. I've read that elsewhere as well.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiconrod View Post
Thanks everyone. Sounds like B&W is the preferred brand. I've read that elsewhere as well.
SUperglides are GREAT, no muss no fuss always work, easy to hook and unhook.

Pick yer poison
Old 11-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
SUperglides are GREAT, no muss no fuss always work, easy to hook and unhook. Pick yer poison
How does,the adapter plate get attached to trailer? Weld or drill holes? Would this mean only trucks equipped with superglides can tow the trailer? We often camp with the in-laws and sometimes they pulls my trailer to the beach in the middle of the week for us to get a good spot (they are retired). Since he has a traditional reese hitch in his F350, he wouldn't be able to pull ours because of,the adapter plate correct? Or did I misunderstand that part? Don't get me wrong, I've heard nothing but great things about the superglide hitches, just not sure about the adapter plate part.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #20

The Pullrite plate is set with 4 allen set screws. (no more welding) Spec says use some red loctite. I put on very little loctite in case I ever need to remove the plate, which I have not yet. No adjustments necessary, just set the screws. Should take a minute to remove or install. I love the Pullrite, no thinking about it..........Don't even know its sliding all the time.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote