Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #1

tv converter

how the heck do I hook up a digital tv converter to this system?
jpzb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzb View Post
how the heck do I hook up a digital tv converter to this system?
What system are you talking about? What trailer? What Year? What TV? Analog? Are you using the trailers antenna or cable from the campground?

Basic convertor box hookup. Do you have intructions book?

You hook the antenna input to your convertor box.
Output to TV
Then you have to have the TV to a specified cannel like 3 or 4
Then you have to use the wireless for the convertor box to change channels.
Unless if you have a sysem that will learn the convertor box wireless signals.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #3

thanks,
07 wildcat with the (i wish they woulda used a different system) zx500. the only way i can get it to work is to put rabbit ears on the cable input on the outside of the trailer and then on the spot inside the trailer where the have a little 3" coax cable, i put the in to the in on the converter box and the out to the out on the converter box. but this does not seem right to me. I should not have to use the rabbit ears.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzb View Post
thanks,
07 wildcat with the (i wish they woulda used a different system) zx500. the only way i can get it to work is to put rabbit ears on the cable input on the outside of the trailer and then on the spot inside the trailer where the have a little 3" coax cable, i put the in to the in on the converter box and the out to the out on the converter box. but this does not seem right to me. I should not have to use the rabbit ears.
If you are using the trailer antenna the wall plate should have a little slide switch or small button to turn on the built in TV signal amplifier.

You also may have turn the anteena on the roof. Have yo done this?
How far are you from a city or you in the middle of no where?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:31 AM   #5

I think we need to start over. We are just getting ourselves confused. all we are trying to do is connect a tv converter to be able to watch tv. when we connect it gives us a 'weak signal' and a blue screen. then if we take some rabbit ears outside to the 'cable tv connection' connect them then hook up the converter inside to the in and out it works fine. just wondering why i have to hook up the rabbit ears outside to get it to work.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:00 AM   #6

I have found that any loose connections will block or cause the weak signal. I also do not think concertone will work using the convertor box. The cable and antenna conncetions all end up at the same point (the antenna wall plate). Pull the wall plate and make sure the connections are tight. You may even have to go and either bypass all the tv connections at the concertone but at least make sure they are wrench tight.

Now with that said check the wall plate for a power boost button or switch. When pushed a small light will come on. If you do not have a power boost thats why you can not get reception. Hope this helps
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildcat