Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #1

Two unknown switches

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and to forest river. I just bought a 32 bhxs bumperpull trailer. I have a couple questions about two switches that I have no idea what they power and when stabilizing my trailer with the jacks and how to get the "wobble" out. Thanks
wildcat-32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Side to side or front to back?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:08 PM   #3

Welcome to the FR forum. The two switches may be outside lights, one may be the lights under the awning and the other may be the "scare" light next to the door, since you are standing inside you won't know it unless you have someone else go out there and watch. As far as "wobble" I don't know exactly what you mean. There will always be a little movement to the TT as long as it is still sitting on the wheel suspension, you need to have the wheels completely in the air to stop it. The front and rear stabilizer acks will take a lot of it out but not all. If you add a pair of jacks just in front of the wheels it would help a lot, but with just jacks on the front and back the center will have up and down movement like a spring board.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #4

Thank you. I thought they where lights too but I turned them on and there are no lights that come on. The wires run across to the sink then into the floor so I'm not sure. As far as the "wobble" yes I think a couple stands in the middle would help a lot. I have an outside kitchen and if I lift the trailer to high on the rear jacks it binds the door to a point where it won't open. I feel like it would damage the trailer itself. Not sure if that can really be fixed. It is mostly side to side
Old 04-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #5

Where are these switch located??
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #6

The jacks aren't to lift or level the trailer they are there to reduce movement. If the trailer is not level then use leveler blocks for side to side and the tongue jack for front to back. Sounds like you are twisting the frame with the jacks. Get a picture of the switches and post it here on the forum so we can see what they look like and give a location. Then it is possible one of the switches is to turn the WH on with propane and the other is an additional switch for the electric heating element in the WH. There should be another switch on the outside of the WH down in the lower left hand corner. I'm not familiar with you TT to know for sure.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:54 AM   #7

First off, welcome to the Wildcat family. And Congratulations on your new rv.

When asking questions many times a photo will go along way in providing added information to our mass of helper members here who are always willing to share their knowledge or at least venture an educated guess.

As for the wiggle wobble it is going to be there to some extent unless all the weight is taken off of the trailer suspension. You can help stabilize the trailer and reduce the movement with added stabilizer jacks and wheel chocks. My suggestion is just use the wiggle of the rv to remind you that you are not at home, but more relaxing to the movement of the open waves...........unless you have sea sickness.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #8

switches?

Are they holding tank heaters?
outboardfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #9

X2 for outboard fever - sounds like tank heater switches. The Wildcat I had had two of them, above the back counter. Would help if switched were marked so you would know what they are.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:58 PM   #10

Two switches

Trying to upload a pic but not sure how to do it. I think I got it lol. I think your right it maybe tank heater but no way to tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	135117  

Tags
switch