So we've been having problems with our fridge only cooling to 50 degrees after running for two days on gas. Unit is level at the storage facility. When we get to the campground after a couple of days we can get to the mid 40's and that is with the temp slider thingy all the way to the top. Waited a month and a half for a service appt and then, after two weeks they call me to tell me they were able to get the fridge to 40 degrees in the service bay and there was no problem. So, being as that we don't camp in buildings what can I do to make the fridge work correctly? We lost a lot of food while in South Dakota in June that I am not fond of repeating. We do have the e-Bay fridge fan installed on the fins on the inside.
Have some questions for anyone to answer.
1. I was charged $63 for the dealer to tell me they couldn't recreate the problem. Is this normal? They checked on it once a day for 3 days and ran no tests. When I take a car in for warranty work they do not charge me if they cannot recreate a problem....WTF???
2. Service manager told me that when the rig is in storage all closed up that the fridge will not cool and that I have to fire up the A/C. Never once have I had to do this with the other two rigs we have had. I told him he was FOS but he was insistant.
3. Service manager told me to take the temp sensor thingy off the cooling fins and let it hang as it is detecting the cold from the metal fins causing the fridge not to cool. Seriously...this is what he said.
4. Service manager stated I could add more fans to create more airflow behind the fridge to evacuate the hot air. Because these fridges don't work well when it is hot outside and these fridges are made cheaply. Our fridge is in a slide.
5. Service manager told me I should fire up the fridge 3 days before we are going to leave... Our other rigs needed less than 24 hours to cool down...
I have one month of warranty left and a fridge that won't cool when it is hot outside. Apparently I am supposed to use a cooler in the summer months and then in the spring and fall I can use the fridge. I did some reading about how to test the thermistor so I plan on doing that this weekend. Besides my above questions is there anything else you can suggest for things I can try? At least they didn't keep my rig for 3 months this time....