Old 11-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #11
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
Hello wildcat owners just trading up to a 2012 sterling 32RL from a 2008 Cherokee wolfpack looking forward to next year camping season
Anything I should be aware of or look for?

I ordered one from the factory and it was nice but the dealer had it more than I had it. I kept it for one year and it stayed in the shop for half that time. It was a very pretty camper, I traded wildcat 32rl Sterling for a Cedar Creek 30 rl, a Forest River product and it has been a good unit. I hated to get rid of the 32rl, it had a bedroom fireplace, a 3d tv,dual pane windows, it was very nice, I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #12
Travelin Man
what problems did you have with it.

Douglasdh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:36 PM   #13
My rig is in with the dealership right now getting a few items fixed under warranty before it expires. the big item is that the front cap has started to fade. The top flat surface of the cap was completely white from a dark grey. it also has started to creep down in the front. I am waiting for approval from Forest River to repaint it. I should hear back this next week. The other item I had was the floor developed a bit of a hump just inside the door and the floor sounded like wood splitting right in front of the fridge. This has been fixed so really the last issue is the front cap and I am worried that FR will not cover it, they should, but I am worried they will try to get out of it. Did you buy the Sterling?
Mike, Lisa and Jake
2002 Ford F250 CC 7.3
2013 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #14
Our 2013 Wildcat front cap also faded. Wildcat is aware of the problem and stepped up to the plate. The new painted front cap looks great.

The problem with the fade is gel coat related, not paint. However, once the cap is painted the problem will not come back in the future. Forest River did first try to have the local dealer wet sand the gel coat which did bring back the color for two weeks before beginning to grey once again.
2013 Ford F350 FX4 4x4 PSD
2013 Wildcat 353LS

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #15
I have a 2012 Sterling 32RL and love it. I put in an additional AC in the bedroom as one unit could not handle the load. Have the tires balanced and they will be okay. If it has the instant water heater, take it out and put in a traditional one. They don't work. I have pulled ours about 30,000 miles with very few problems. I keep our unit stored inside, so I am not aware of any fading problems. It is very light for its size. I pull it with a heavy duty F 150 and have gone over several mountain passes. It does not lean in a cross wind and is an easy pull.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Johnv is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, sterling