Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #1

Used 2013 Wildcat 327ck

Original buyer brought back after 3 wks with crack in slider sidewall. Sent to factory for repair. Good price but is trouble looming with no warranty. Should I buy and hope for the best
Caddisfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #2

I bought a 2013 Wildcat 327CK in May 2013, and experienced the same problem. I know of several of this model with the same issue. This is a structural issue. If Forest River repaired the problem, they should be willing to back their work with a warranty. Definitely would not buy without a warranty. No telling what problems could arise in the future.
ktmpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
Campfire Master

We have a 327CK and have had no problems with yet. Having said that, I think I would walk away if it had no warranty.

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmpj View Post
I bought a 2013 Wildcat 327CK in May 2013, and experienced the same problem. I know of several of this model with the same issue. This is a structural issue. If Forest River repaired the problem, they should be willing to back their work with a warranty. Definitely would not buy without a warranty. No telling what problems could arise in the future.
I've seen you post something similar here multiple times. The cracks in your 327CK are NOT a structural issue and I've attempted to address this with you. Please contact me with your full VIN and contact information so I can have Wildcat's service department contact you directly!

Forest River does not offer a warranty on used products. The original poster says this unit is used, thus no warranty...
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #5

Wildcat Chris...Yes, I have posted multiple times in regards to this matter. It seems that I am not the only Forest River consumer dealing with this problem. Is that not the purpose of a forum? I am and have been dealing directly with Forest River's Service and Warranty Departments for quite some time and therefore did not require your assistance. You are in no position to state that the cracks are not a structural issue when you have no information whatsoever in regards to this matter.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Wildcat Chris...Yes, I have posted multiple times in regards to this matter. It seems that I am not the only Forest River consumer dealing with this problem. Is that not the purpose of a forum? I am and have been dealing directly with Forest River's Service and Warranty Departments for quite some time and therefore did not require your assistance. You are in no position to state that the cracks are not a structural issue when you have no information whatsoever in regards to this matter.
This forum is not owned or operated by Forest River. It is a public forum with public moderators. Any user is free to post anything -- a great thing when factual data and real world assistance helps consumers with their issues. RVs are complex products with sometimes frustrating issues which I fully acknowledge.

That being said, I'm totally aware of Wildcat's service history, flaws and shortcomings, including a very small number of customers who have had issues with unsightly cracks in their 327CK walls at the upper corners of their main floor slide room. I'm aware of these issues and am updated on these issues (and other issues like them) weekly, so I can speak with authority on this subject when I say all the cracks we've seen (including your own) have not been structural but aesthetic. I've been assured of this by my engineering department, production manager, and lamination department. If you've been told otherwise, I'd appreciate speaking with you directly so we can resolve this! I'm very sorry you had a Wildcat that had issues right out of the gates -- obviously it's not our intention to build any problems into these products. But I also want to be sure that misinformation is not being posted here without any response.

Again, please feel free to contact me via private message with your contact information! I'm here to help!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #7

My point is the owner only had possession for three weeks then was owned by dealer or forest river. I would think the remainder of warranty should be in effect. A $33000.00 investment should have some sort of safety net.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddisfly View Post
My point is the owner only had possession for three weeks then was owned by dealer or forest river. I would think the remainder of warranty should be in effect. A $33000.00 investment should have some sort of safety net.
In general, I don't disagree in principal, but used is used and no warranty conveys. It seems that this is standard in the RV industry (at least as wide as I've seen). It's not just the camper itself, but the component manufacturers are the same (dometic, etc.). I think most owners who buy used should buy an extended warranty thru a 3rd party.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #9

I'm sure you are familiar with the issue of the fiberglass cracks in the 327CK as many owners have now experienced them. However, you cannot state that all the cracks you have seen "(including my own)" have not been structural, as my unit has not even been back to the factory for repair. I was told directly from your Repair Department that the problem was related to either the aluminum studs and/or welding that failed, which in my book makes it a structural problem, though the cracks being a secondary aesthetic problem. There has also been another 327CK consumer that has stated on this forum that they were, in fact, told upon their repair that the cause was structural. I am not here to bash Forest River, but do feel compelled and obligated to let other consumers be aware of the issues with the 2013 model because of course neither the RV Dealers or Forest River are going to reveal them. I only wish I had been aware of this matter prior to my purchase as it definitely would have weighed in my decision.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #10

Quote:

I agree 110%!!! I seriously love my floor plan, but my 2013 Wildcat 327CK has been a nightmare since day one! Every time we take it out, something else goes wrong. Many, many, many minor items, but more major problems than should be expected with a brand new unit.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #11

Walk away?

No warranty!

No, run, call a cab book a flight catch a bus do what ever it takes to remove yourself from what shall be a colossal FUBAR.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Walk away?

No warranty!

No, run, call a cab book a flight catch a bus do what ever it takes to remove yourself from what shall be a colossal FUBAR.

Well said!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #13

Does anyone know if this. Slideout issue has been resolved in the 2014 wildcat 327ck?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #14
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Does anyone know if this. Slideout issue has been resolved in the 2014 wildcat 327ck?
There was never a widespread issue, but a small number of 2013 models did have problems which have been resolved! I'm unaware of any instances of this issue on 2014 models.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Original buyer brought back after 3 wks with crack in slider sidewall. Sent to factory for repair. Good price but is trouble looming with no warranty. Should I buy and hope for the best
What is a good price? Is it really discounted? My take after being on this forum for a while is that the manufacturers of TT's and motorhomes cut all kinds of corners, really don't stand behind their product (like a car mfgr) and you kind of roll the dice.

I have had my Rockwood 2604WS for about 6 months and have put over 5000 miles of road pull on it without any problems. I consider myself lucky.

If this unit you are looking at was a couple of years old and you were buying from an individual, you would get no warranty. So I guess it comes down to the price. Is the price that good?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #16

Ok Wildcat Chris it still does not belay the fact that Forest River does not cover future problems with the sidewalls that will crack knowing that problems have occurred and will occur in the future. There have been enough of them to make it an issue on this forum
Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #17

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
I've seen you post something similar here multiple times. The cracks in your 327CK are NOT a structural issue and I've attempted to address this with you. Please contact me with your full VIN and contact information so I can have Wildcat's service department contact you directly!

Forest River does not offer a warranty on used products. The original poster says this unit is used, thus no warranty...
We bought our 327CK in Jan. and in March the floor of on slide broke it went to shop came back in worse shape now leaks water. We were told by factory rep to take it to another shop they refused to touch it because of the structural damage that caused it to crack on both back sides inside and out on corner where slide is. So Wildcat Chris I saw were you said the problem was resolved I would like to know what the solution was.
FeliceSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #18

Quote:
I agree 110%!!! I seriously love my floor plan, but my 2013 Wildcat 327CK has been a nightmare since day one! Every time we take it out, something else goes wrong. Many, many, many minor items, but more major problems than should be expected with a brand new unit.
everything you said, applies to me also, and I have another model, the 344. we love the floor plan but hate this coach. Wish I would of bought something else..

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote