Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #1

Valve question

I just bought a new to me 2008 FR Wildcat 32QBBS and I am not sure which valve opens what. There are three valve on the driver side under the camper I know the valves are to allow the tanks to dump but I am unsure which is which. All the valve handles are in a line from front to back. Anyone know which is which?

Thanks
seeemmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #2

Generally, a 3 inch pipe comes from the black tank with a 1 and 1/2 inch pipe close to it that comes from the bathroom gray water.
A third 1 and 1/2 inch pipe will come from the kitchen.
Do you have a pic?
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #3

I will check it out and try to get a pic. I have to go out of town so it may be a while. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeemmiss View Post
I just bought a new to me 2008 FR Wildcat 32QBBS and I am not sure which valve opens what. There are three valve on the driver side under the camper I know the valves are to allow the tanks to dump but I am unsure which is which. All the valve handles are in a line from front to back. Anyone know which is which?

Thanks

Check the color of the pull handles. I have a black handle for black water tank and two grey handles for the gray tank and galley tank. Might be identified that way. Or else put one of those clear adapters on outlet, take a educated guess and watch what comes thru clear adapter. When you find the poo one label it and obviously the others are gray. Goodluck
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #5

"I have a black handle for black water tank and two grey handles for the gray tank and galley tank."
That's cool!
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #6

All the pull handles Dw black and can't see the pipes due to the big piece of plastic covering that area. It has an arctic package that covers all the pipes.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
Cyber Phrenologist

Assuming the tanks are empty:

Get a 5 gallon bucket and pour 5 gallons of water down the toilet. The handle that lets the water loose is the black tank. The other dry tank(s) would be grey or galley.

You could dump 5 gal. clear water in the shower and add food color to the 5 gal. water in the toilet, the galley would remain dry. Now you'd know for sure which tank was which.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:02 AM   #8

On my 09....the one on the left is the shower/bathroom sink......middle is the black tank.... on the right is the kitchen sink.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:57 AM   #9

I just bought a 05 28RK I believe, and was winterizing it the other day. Mine has the 3 tanks. Front is shower/sink, middle is the black tank and the rear is the galley. Black has a larger pipe but I didn't notice the handle colors.
pdoshier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:49 AM   #10

Thank you so much for all the information and suggestions. As soon as it warms up enough, I am going to get it figured out. Thanks again and I will post the results once they are discovered.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #11

Well the mystery has been solved. Took the unit out this weekend and discovered that of the three valves, the first one is the black tank and the next two are both grey. It was easy to tell once they were opened. The black tank valve and handle pull out further than the other two indicating a larger diameter pipe. As for the valve in the back. This appears to be for the rear bath and is a black tank also. This valve seems to be stuck open so back to the dealer we go for a repair. Also discovered that both sewer flush lines are leaking.a little. Had a great time trying the 5er out for the first time. Thanks for all the help.