Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2015, 06:47 AM   #1

Voyager camera reverse images?

We purchased the Voyager camera (aftermarket) when we bought our latest Wildcat MAXX 28RKX. Interestingly, the image on the in cab screen shows everything in what I'll call reverse image. What I mean by that is when we're in the slow lane and a vehicle passes us in the fast lane, the image on the screen shows us in the fast lane (left) with the vehicle passing us in the slow (right) lane. This, obviously, can be very disorienting if you just glance down without having time to re-think what the heck is going on. My question is---can this be the way the system is designed or is there something not setup properly? There really are no "setup" controls on the exterior of the in cab base so I doubt it's a setup issue. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ron
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #2

I don't have a voyager (I have a Furrion that came with the Silverback), but I would have to think there is an option somewhere in the menu items to invert/flip the image. This is common for webcams, so I would think it would extend to rearview cameras as well.
NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:31 PM   #3

Found the answer---the on/off button controls the "mirror"/"mirror off" function. By holding the on/off button in for 5 seconds after the screen unit is on, the function changes from "mirror" to "mirror off" or visa versa!
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
Old 06-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #4

Interested in this camera - any good?

I am looking at cameras as well for monitoring and backup so curious if ho well this has been working for you
Bigdaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #5

Now that I have the image corrected, (shame on me) it is working great. In my previous Ram I kept the screen lower on the center console and the image "broke-up" quite often. In my new Ram we have it mounted on the dash and the image is "solid" without any interruptions to the rear view. We're very happy with this system at this time.
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's