Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2019, 09:27 PM   #1

Wall Framing

Not even sure if this is the right place, but good a place as any to start...I have (as signature states) a 2018 Wildcat 29RLX that has the microwave/range-hood setup that isn't vented anywhere. Near as I can figure it isn't even set up to recirculate properly. Using the ,somewhat mildly accurate, morning dew on the sidewall method of locating the framing I believe the range hood part is not vented because directly behind the microwave/vent hood (where it appears it would have to exit for the rear outlet)runs it into a framing member. I'm not a big fan of not being able to vent the propane fueled range to the outside in a relatively small space, just think its asking for trouble. Even if there is a frame piece there, there appears to be enough room to top vent the unit, put a 90 degree duct piece in and vent it out the side...as it should be. So after that long way round does anyone know where or if it's even possible to get some sort of blue print or framing schedule for one of these campers?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #2

Prints, Schematics, diagrams, do not exist in the RV world.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:09 AM   #3
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Prints, Schematics, diagrams, do not exist in the RV world.

Brian Clemens has posted many for the Dynamax. But not all of us can spend $300k on a rig!

Some exist, but FR is usually mum with sharing them.

In this case, I’d pull the microwave and see if there’s a vent hole cut behind it. Depending on the style of microwave, it’s either a front plate that needs removed or screws from the top.

Once the space is open, I’d just drill a couple of exploratory holes with a small drill bit. You’ll find out quick if you hit framing. Keep it short so you don’t go thru to the outside until you’re ready.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #4

We toured the Northwoods ( Arctic Fox) factory in La Grande, Oregon and they had very specific schematics for all parts of their line. We saw the plans at each assembly point and watched the teams using them. The fifth wheel we looked at was about $70,000.
Katydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #5

the artic fox is a little higher end unit then the normal forest river product. (not to bash my own unit) When I toured the heritage glen plant it seamed like everyone was running around like mad and you would be lucky to have two identical units.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote