Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2017, 08:23 AM   #1

Warranties

I just don’t understand these 1 year warranty’s. Do they think every product is 100% issue free. I made a appointment a month before the warranty expires. They could not get me in til after the warranty expire. Just a concerned customer. Venting
MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:45 AM   #2

Its one year because the Mfg could not get away with no warranty.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
I just don’t understand these 1 year warranty’s. Do they think every product is 100% issue free. I made a appointment a month before the warranty expires. They could not get me in til after the warranty expire. Just a concerned customer. Venting
Your warranty is good. You reported the problem before the warranty ran out. Ask to speak to the owner, not the service guy. If they give you ****, tell them you are well versed in Facebook then call Forrest River.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Seems like these days, getting a reasonable timeframe for an appointment takes longer and longer. In your case, since these are warranty items, I would have to ask if the dealer / repair facility will take notice that you scheduled warranty repairs BEFORE the end of warranty period. I had this happen on a Wildcat I used to own, and called service department 1 day before warranty ended. Ended up photographing and emailing photos to dealer to document problem for warranty resolution. Ended up taking over 2 months to get repairs and resolved. Not a lot of fun, but it was winter and I wasn't't going anywhere.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Its one year because the Mfg could not get away with no warranty.
x2
Nights camped: ‘18 - 27, ‘19 - 27, ‘20 - 30, ‘21 - 49

twohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #6
Enjoying Life

Quote:
If you have documentation that you reported the problem before the warranty expired and they could not/would not repair before expiration; you are still covered for that problem under both the UCC and the Magnuson/Moss warranty act. Unfortunately, you may have to fight to get them to honor the obligation.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty