Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #1

Warranty Claim Denial

Another Forest River denied warranty claim. I have a 2017 Wildcat 37B that has only been towed 8 times. On the 7 time I noticed the side wall separating underneath the street side bedroom slide out as I was setting up camp. I monitored closely on my return trip home (800 miles).

An RV service technician told me that it appears the studs were never fastened correctly to the toe plate and the cut-out for the slide weakened the structure allowing normal tow flexing to cause the separation.

The unit is only 10 months out of warranty but and Forest River refuses to warranty the repair claiming water damage caused the issue. There is no sign of water damage to this unit. The now exposed wood shows no sign of discoloration which would indicate water damage. Forest River has denied a claim request 3 times. Each time stating the unit is out of warranty.

I understand warranty lengths, but this is just another example of the poor craftsmanship many other Forest River RV owners have experienced. One would think that as Forest River states “ At Forest River, customer satisfaction is our #1 priority” they would jump at the opportunity to correct this situation and keep a customer.

This is the 4th RV I have owned in the past 20 years and I plan on purchasing another soon, but it will not be a Forest River brand. In my old sales and marketing classes it used to be taught (before the internet) that "A happy customer tells a friend; an unhappy customer tells the world.” Just think what that ratio is now with social media?
Stewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:06 PM   #2

Have you called Forest River directly and spoken to a service representative or are you allowing the dealer to communicate with them?
billybigrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #3

Warranty Claim Denial

I have not called them but exchanged several e-mails.
Stewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
I have not called them but exchanged several e-mails.
Call them. Get someone from Forest River on the phone.

Email is not great for addressing these types of concerns. It's too easy for someone sitting behind a computer to say no. After you've had a conversation, it's fair to summarize in an email, but, I always want to speak to someone first.

my two cents.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #5

What he said... ^^^

If at all possible make an appointment to take to the factory in IN for an inspection.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty