Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #1

Unhappy Warranty problems...

We recently bought a Wildcat 5er. We like the RV but are trying to get a little warranty work done and we're having a very hard time making contact with the warranty department. Anyone have any experience or ideas to help?

Thanks, Les
upjumpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #2

Hi Les,
Welcome to FRF.

Have you tried calling Forest River directly about your trouble.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #3

Les,

I was able to get right through to the FR warranty department by calling 574-642-2640. The folks I talked to were very responsive and helpful.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #4

I am having the same trouble w/the dealer I brought my rig from. Forest River stated any Forest River dealer can do the warranty work so I will be trying a closer dealer next week. Good luck and I hope everything works out.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #5

Thanks for the responses. At least I have someone to talk to. I got right thru on that number too. Problem is they give me the number for the Wildcat rep, Rod Bass I think is his name. This has been going on since the 10th of last month. I left another message with him today.
My RV repair shop says this is very unusual. He does work for alot of different manufacturers and never runs into this kind of delays. He had me come pick up my RV and won't do any work until he has the check in hand.
And to Dbt, the problem probably isn't the dealer either. I started out going thru the dealer but they can't get approval for the work. The problem is with the Wildcat warranty department.
Good travelin to you all, Les
Old 07-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #6

Hmmm...sounds like you need to escalate your concern. I have a name of Doug Fought who is listed as the "warranty manager" on some paperwork I have. If it was me, I would ask to speak to him.

I have a Rockwood so it could be a different group of people who handle warranty calls. In my case, I was given the name of a back up person and it was actually the back up that helped me.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #7

Good news. I got a call from Rod Batts at Wildcat Warranty Department and he's OKing the repairs. Thanks Rod. I feel better about my RV now.
And thanks for the welcome and responses folks.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #8

Bad news.... Rod Batts did OK the repairs. He told me to go ahead and have it done, pay for it myself and he would reimburse me. It's been 3 weeks since I sent him the invoice for the work and I haven't heard a word about the check. So, this has been going on for over 2 months and still isn't settled. Getting ready to go to the local TV station and their consumer assistance program among other things. Pretty frustrating.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #9

Sorry to hear about your problems, wish I could help. Stay after it, be firm but nice. Just don't give up!

Good luck!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #10
Pete

You might try writing to the RV Action Line in Trailer Life magazine.

It states:...After exhausting all other resources without success, forward the information (typewritten only) with copies of appropriate bills and correspondence to....

RV Action Line
2575 Vista Del Mar,
Ventura, CA 93001.

See prior requests in Trailer Life magazine for sample requests for help.

Good luck!
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #11

As a Good Sam member, their action line helped me with a request that FR help pay for two new tires and front end alignment after I incurred over $900 expense in replacing my tires because of a poor front end alignment from the factory when my rig was new that ruined my two front tires inside of a year.

After FR had told me "no" I went to Action Line. FR called me within days and said they would pay for half. Better than nothing at all but mine was also outside the window where they will pay for those things.

Try Action Line with Trailer Life, It does work.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #12

Thanks guys, I'm gonna look into that Action Line. Sounds perfect. I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #13

Sorry to hear I am not the only one

I have been getting the run around for a warranty issue with my Palomino Sabre FW (misalignment of the axels). A reimbursement promised in April still has not shown up. The string of lying and excuses is documented in e-mails so I can turn it over to the Action Line if the latest "promise" also fails this week. The problem is still not fixed.

Do people get into the RV business because they are ethically challenged or do they become that way once they are there? I have never dealt with an RV dealer or service company that has not disappointed me eventually. You may ask why I bought another RV - I have no idea!
poodlepeople is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildcat