Old 09-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
Warranty repair for a Wildcat MAXX 28RKX TT

We currently own a 24RG Wildcat MAXX and keep it in Seattle. We are sold on the Wildcat MAXX units and would like to purchase a second one (28RKX) to keep somewhere in the Southern US so we can use it when we visit our kids in Alabama and Texas. We'll be picking a location between the kids for it's "permanent" location and use it as our Winter base camp.
My question is---- since the MAXX is only sold in the "Western" region of the US, can we get warranty work done by other Forest River dealers closer to a location (which we'll pick) in the Southern part of the US. I realize it's up to individual dealers as to what they will repair under warranty, on units they did not sell. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Forest River dealers being authorized, and willing, to do warranty work on FR products other than the brand(s) they sell?
Thanks in advance for you input/thoughts.

Days camping (2015)----88 days
Days camping (2016) ---110 days
2016 Wildcat MAXX 28RKX (33' TT), 2007 13' Scamp
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
Try your local Camping World. If they sell Forest River they will do warranty work. C/W does work for me under Forest River warranty. I have a Cedar Creek and the dealer I brought from is more than 200 miles from me,C/W is only about 50 miles from me. Some dealers don't like to do warranty work unless they sold you the camper but C/W doesn't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
C/W in Katy Tx has had my new 344QB on their lot for approximately 4 of the 7 months I've owned it. Apparently way backed up. We bought from them at the RV Show early this year. It's been a nightmare. And it's still there.

2014 Wildcat 344QB
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 Cummins
Ryde-Ryte Air Bags just to level
Bunch of Friends and Grand-Kids.
mike3510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
As you know, No dealer is required to accept your RV for warranty work. It is truly a dealerships choice to accept it or not.

When we purchased our Wildcat 355ls I called a local dealership and asked if they would handle any warranty claims that I may have if I purchased this trailer in Muskegon, MI and brought it home to Texas. Of course they asked why I would not consider purchasing this model through them rather than a dealer in MI. I explained this was a discontinued model and best I could locate the only remaining unit available. The dealer then said that they would handle any warranty issues that I had and that they could get approved from Forest River.

Soon after the unit was delivered to us I called this dealer in Rice, TX who stated true to their word and took care of the issues I asked to be done.

There was another matter that appeared which required a return trip to Elkhart, IN. Wildcat took care of everything for us, and we now have the 5th wheel back home.

So my suggestion would be to contact a few dealers in the area in which you plan to park it. Be cordial, explain the situation, get names of who you talk to, dot your i's and cross your t's.

You could also call Wildcat warranty service and ask them if they will extend the warranty on the MAXX to a southern dealer who is not allowed to sell the Maxx version.
2013 Ford F350 FX4 4x4 PSD
2013 Wildcat 353LS

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, repair, warranty, wildcat