Old 12-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #31

I bought my trailer in April and after the initial trip in May I took it back to the dealer in Georgetown, Tx where I bought it. The service rep said 4 - 6 weeks before they could even look at it. After an email to the GM I was assured by the salesman that it would be taken care of.

After waiting another week and not hearing, I left messages with both the GM and salesman. Neither returned my call for several hours and finally the Sales Mgr called and after a heated discussion he said "come get your GD trailer" and that was the last time dealing with them.

The factory subsequently fixed all the problems within two hours.

Some make the extra effort and many don't.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #32

The dealer and Wildcat are in comunication as am I. I was working with Chris and now Bryan Knight at Wildcat.

I have expressed no rush but done correctly. The dealer is still waiting on FR for parts. I have picked the unit up once and the dealer has dropped it off once (200 miles away).

Shower door has been out of adjustment and worked on 3 times, slides adjusted 3 times, items installed crooked. Wrong caulking used on cap. Chunks of particle board on the underside of slides. 44 items over all. Yes I could correct many but I work and when I purchase something brand new I want it right.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #33

Just a quick update. After a fourth unsatisfactory delivery my dealer purchased the Wildcat back and made me a very fair deal on a new Silverback. It has been a long 7 months, the dealer said they would make it right and they did.

Funtown RV in Waco.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
Just a quick update. After a fourth unsatisfactory delivery my dealer purchased the Wildcat back and made me a very fair deal on a new Silverback. It has been a long 7 months, the dealer said they would make it right and they did.

Funtown RV in Waco.

Salt
I'm glad there is a happy ending to your story. It's also good to read a positive post on "Funtown RV", they didn't impress me in the past. I'll take you post as a check mark to the positive side of my dealer network brain scale.
Time to go camping?

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:00 PM   #35

Already hate the warranty response from dealer.

Been two weeks. Awning not working nor awning lights. Bought it barely one month ago. Dealer really can't give me a time frame.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #36

It amazes me that with each new Forest River I purchase, the wait time for warranty parts gets longer and longer... Waiting for replacements for the warranty replacements that came from Forest River damaged or incorrect. Will be 7 months since initial parts order next week.

rpatterson, I can almost guarantee you that your awning wiring is pinched/cut/shorted where it comes into the camper. Ours went out on the shakedown trip but wouldn't roll up. My wife is there holding the switch and looking at me. I say, "Honey, you know that per piece production worker botched the wiring." DW looks at me and says, "Mr. Engineer, I learned not to question you sometime around the age of 20 [that was a long, long time age]." I simply went to the motor head, traced the wire to where it penetrated, gained access to that on the inside and found the ugliest drill hole I ever saw penetrating the 1" square aluminum tubing for the bulkhead wall for the bed. It came in at a 45 degree angle crossing through two sides of the tubing. The drill bit obviously jammed on the way through as the hole was oblong, burred, and had a razor sharp sliver of metal hanging from it. The wiring was pulled right through that hole and the hot wire had been shaved of 1.5" of insulation and was going to ground... I laughed, shook my head, and put the awning in using the emergency roll-up screw in the motor housing. Came home and pulled out the wiring deburred the hole installed a couple grommets and ran new wiring properly.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #37

Souns like my awning

Went out fine first time, but then would not come back in. Then the out switch brought it back in but it rolled up backwards. Plus the awing lights only light up halfway.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
It amazes me that with each new Forest River I purchase, the wait time for warranty parts gets longer and longer... Waiting for replacements for the warranty replacements that came from Forest River damaged or incorrect. Will be 7 months since initial parts order next week.

rpatterson, I can almost guarantee you that your awning wiring is pinched/cut/shorted where it comes into the camper. Ours went out on the shakedown trip but wouldn't roll up. My wife is there holding the switch and looking at me. I say, "Honey, you know that per piece production worker botched the wiring." DW looks at me and says, "Mr. Engineer, I learned not to question you sometime around the age of 20 [that was a long, long time age]." I simply went to the motor head, traced the wire to where it penetrated, gained access to that on the inside and found the ugliest drill hole I ever saw penetrating the 1" square aluminum tubing for the bulkhead wall for the bed. It came in at a 45 degree angle crossing through two sides of the tubing. The drill bit obviously jammed on the way through as the hole was oblong, burred, and had a razor sharp sliver of metal hanging from it. The wiring was pulled right through that hole and the hot wire had been shaved of 1.5" of insulation and was going to ground... I laughed, shook my head, and put the awning in using the emergency roll-up screw in the motor housing. Came home and pulled out the wiring deburred the hole installed a couple grommets and ran new wiring properly.
My parts were damaged, inside of a perfect and unharmed shipping box. They were put into the box bent.

My awning motor wires are going through the same hole, I split a length of hose, slipped that over the wires and sealed it instead of taking the awning half off to repair from the outside as I can't access it from the inside easily.

I also replaced the scotch locks used to connect the wiring with heat shrink butt connectors. Sometimes you just gotta shake your head.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty