Old 07-10-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
water damage

Last week thought I seen alittle evidence of a water leak from the roof. ITs a 2007 28 rk. Opened up the seams to take a peek, the unit appears to have been leaking since the very first day. Have the total back ot the trailer off and the rot is unbeleviable. Bleaching and rebuliding, have a generic wall coming in to replace the original wall. Though possible to put in a fantastic fan in the kitchen now.

Mike and Nancy
Wildcat 5er 2007 28rks
1999 ford f250 SD(retired)
2010 Dodge 6.7L ctd
mm12348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
I hope your floor is not affected by this long water leakage. If you have a sandwitch floor you may have a surprise when you will replace your wall.Many walls leakages end up causing heavy damages in the floor also.

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
This is not a sandwich floor as this is a 2x3 12" on center floor joist. 5/8" tongue and groove plywood floor.

Where did you buy this units? Can you pm me please. Thanks

TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #4
How did you repair the inside damage?

Mine is very much the same. I am trying to do the repairs from the inside. Floor won't be bad, just cut out old 2X 3's and cover over. Walls are my question. What to do about breathable vapor barrier? Can I paint on something instead. It was applied from the outside, nailed to 2X2 and the covered.
atl is offline   Reply With Quote