Old 06-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #1

What type of qa/qc is there at the factory?

On May 3, 2014 we picked up our brand new 2014 Wildcat 317rl from the dealership. We made it home and discovered hydraulic fluid leaking under one of the slides (we have 3). We contacted the dealership and drove it back in for repairs, they thought they have fixed the problem(took 3 weeks) so we brought it home to discover another hydraulic fluid leak. We drove it back again to the dealership who fixed it again, this time we waited for the repair to be done. Again got home with it and discovered the 3rd and final slide also had a leak this one was so severe it has fluid in the bedroom not only under the slide/bed but it has moved into the carpet under the bed. We have not even got to use our Wildcat. Unhappy RV'r.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

It happens, and it sure knocks you down and makes you second guess your purchase when it does. But, it happens to all makes and models, some worse than others. You're getting the bugs worked out, and it sounds like you'll be in good shape soon. No doubt you'll need new carpet now in the bedroom. Hang in there.

I'm not sure if this is your first RV or not. Hopefully, you did not go into this purchase expecting perfection. I've said it many times, if you get into this hobby or lifestyle expecting all to be hunky dory all the time, you're in the wrong hobby. There are problems, there is lots of maintenance etc that goes with it.

We've had our fair share believe me, but with a good dealer, and good factory support, things can be made right and the experience can turn out to be a good one.

Please report back as things progress with getting your Wildcat repaired.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #3

I agree with the above post. We've bought 10 new RV's over the years and problems, unfortunately, are part of the "deal". It typically takes a year or so to totally get things sorted out, fortunately, your under warranty during this period. This will pass, and when it does, you and your family should enjoy many years of camping and enjoying this RV.
Best of luck, we've all been there to one degree to another!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
WFD

I also agree that there always seems to be bugs to be worked out...and constant maintenance, just the way it is with RV's...and you better be able to do a fair bit of it yourself, because some things are pretty minor and to run it to your dealer every time, means you will spend many days without your RV as it waits for service. I agree that while under warranty your dealer should be taking care of you, but it comes down to how long do you want to be without the unit and do you want the hassle if hauling it there if its relatively easily fixed by yourself at home.
This whole aspect has been discussed a ton on here and the common belief seems to be that quality control sure could be a lot better...you shouldn't have to deal with many of the things buyers deal with purchasing a brand new unit....and many of them are a very sizeable investment...but the RV manufacturers keep m rolling them out and don't seem to really care about that.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:32 AM   #5

Reminds me of buying a new car in the 70's. QC was missing but finally the American car manufacturers got with the program and today, make EXCELLENT quality cars & trucks.
Trying to remember what the "driving force" was that woke up the US car companies. Oh yeah, now I remember----the Japanese began selling cars in the US!!!! Hummmmm, ya gotta wonder if------------?
Old 06-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #6
Plain Old Member

I think down the road, that could happen. The RV industry is already spreading it's wings, and getting bigger abroad. Will be interesting for sure.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #7
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
I think down the road, that could happen. The RV industry is already spreading it's wings, and getting bigger abroad. Will be interesting for sure.
X2

If Toyota or Honda made an RV I would jump on it in a heart beat. I have a Toyota pickup with 457,000 miles on it. Most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It's a house on wheels.
And running up and down America's hi ways should just about sum that up.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Old 06-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
It's a house on wheels.
And running up and down America's hi ways should just about sum that up.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Amen to that! If anyone has ever driven the Interstates in Indiana and Illinois they know exactly what you're talking about.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #10
Plain Old Member

No doubt. I just thought my home state was bad until several trips through Illinois and Indiana. Geez. Safe to say most RV's have been on a "Shake Down" trip before they ever hit the lot.

Tags
factory