Old 04-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbackerjim View Post
OK, Thanks all. Visited my agent and am covered as of the day I pick up the new fifth wheel.
Safest and probably the best way to cover your wide side.

We had the lite covered before we went to pick it up.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Picking up new Wildcat Friday April 22. When do I have to have insurance by? When you buy a car you have three days to get insurance switched over how does it work on a fifth wheel? Can you even get insurance until you sign the papers? tried searching but can'r fined any clarity. Thank for all your help.

If you know what the vin number is you can get the ins. I carry 2 types one is for acts of nature ( like a wind rips off you awning) I use Thum and that is all they do, and i have carry an extended ins. for repair of anything that breakes down like a frig. after the free yr. from the factory.

Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #13

We had the ser# ahead of time for the unit we bought. Our insurance agent added it to our policy before we even picked it up. Made the effective date of coverage the day we picked it up. The dealership just asked for a policy number which we had of course.
Short, sweet and simple.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Picking up new Wildcat Friday April 22. When do I have to have insurance by? When you buy a car you have three days to get insurance switched over how does it work on a fifth wheel? Can you even get insurance until you sign the papers? tried searching but can'r fined any clarity. Thank for all your help.
In NJ you have to have insurance before pulling off the lot on both cars and TT's.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:31 PM   #15
RetiredRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabmeb View Post
Yes the trailer is covered while connected to the tow vehicle in most places. If it breaks away on the road then the insurance doesn't follow it. You are best to put separate insurance on the trailer for all perils. We added our to our home owner policy as it is replacement value coverage and way cheaper than adding to your car policy in most cases. We are paying $47.00 a month for full coverage and it's fully covered even on our seasonal site which is in another province.
Homeowners policy X 2!

Tags
insurance