Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 07:00 AM   #1

Where is fuse for 12V outlet bedroom? (wildcat 313re)

Wildcat 313RE 2015

I think I blew the fuse in our bedroom 12V outlet (which includes the antenna booster module). Booster module won't turn on any more either.

Nothing is blown or tripped in the main fuse box, however, there seems to be a second electrical-connection concentration in the basement directly behind the small basement door near the front door. I can see the cable that likely feeds the 12V outlet going into that box. The wooden-boxed area seems to be secured down with square-head screws, so before I try to buy the right bit, I'd like to know if there really are additional fuses in that area.

I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely too. If you know exactly where the fuse for the antenna booster/12v fuse might be hiding, please chime in!

Thanks, Eric
ebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:14 AM   #2

Have you looked closely at all the fuses and verified there are no lights on adjacent to a blown fuse? When the fuse blows on the WFCO panel, an indicator light will illuminate.
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
Have you looked closely at all the fuses and verified there are no lights on adjacent to a blown fuse? When the fuse blows on the WFCO panel, an indicator light will illuminate.
Yup. Hard to miss the LEDs. Thanks for responding, Learjet!

I can see the edge of something resembling another fusebox hiding in that basement wooden box. I'd have pulled it already if I had the right bits.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #4

look for wood panels held in place with visible screws...

on mine (different model) the wood panel under the fridge had 2 screws holding it in place and there was a second (HIDDEN) fuse panel inside.

Its very frustrating that they don't label the wood panel or give you any indication where to find the fuse panels.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkosu04 View Post
look for wood panels held in place with visible screws...

on mine (different model) the wood panel under the fridge had 2 screws holding it in place and there was a second (HIDDEN) fuse panel inside.

Its very frustrating that they don't label the wood panel or give you any indication where to find the fuse panels.
Certainly frustrating that there are unexpected fuses hidden about. I still haven't found mine, but thanks for the idea.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #6

For the LED to light up in the fuse panel, a load has to be in the circuit....so connect something to the 12 volt socket and make sure it's turned on and see if LED lights up at fuse panel.....if not then fuse is somewhere else...could be behind socket or TV booster????
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebinary View Post
before I try to buy the right bit, I'd like to know if there really are additional fuses in that area.

Thanks, Eric

It is a #2 square bit and you may as well go buy one and add it to your collection. Most every screw in a Forest River uses this bit, whether it is a wood screw, or an 8 spline torque style screw, (the one with eight points will accept the square drive.) You will find them where hardened sheet metal screws are used.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #8

FIXED!

Thanks all - the trick, as suggested, was to place another load on the circuit, otherwise the LED on the fuse panel doesn't light up. And the fuse was almost undetectably broken otherwise.

Thanks again, Eric

Tags
bed, cat, fuse, roo, wildcat, electrical