Old 12-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #1

Why a Wildcat when there are so many to choose from?

No reason behind the question other than a little curious as to your thoughts. But, with so many 5th wheels and travel trailers out there, what sold you on your choosing a Wildcat over the others out there.

What did you have before owning your Wildcat choice. What floor plan did you go with in the line up.

Our previous RV was a National RV Pacifica TC40B or some group of initials close to that. We chose the Wildcat due to the bath and a half floor plan. We looked at a bunch of other manufactures but this forum helped quite a bit in our decision. Bang for the Buck it was a good investment.

Now what's your story?

Old 12-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
PPST OGCDG

Ours is a 2005 Wildcat 29 RLBS before that one we had a 2004 Wildcat 27 RL. I towed the 27 RL with a 1999 Ford F150 which was ok for the flat lands of the east coast. We then up grade to a 2004 Ford F350 the we purchased the 29 RLBS
Wildcat I think is More Bang For the Buck

Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #3

we bought our 2012 wildcat because the wife wanted a bunkhouse that would sleep 6 in their own room and more room in the master for us. I wanted a toyhauler but she did not...I got to pick out the 2011 TT for the large living room she hated making beds so it had to go. we looked at lots of bunkhouses but most had a OK and she did not want that

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #4

It would be interesting to know the percentages of RVs sold as to the number of Bunk houses, Toy Haulers, and Standard Floor plan.

I know that when we were looking it seemed like the largest number out there were the Bunk House floor plan. And for what ever reason it also seemed that the Bunk house design always offered the deepest discount prices. Now I don't know if there is a larger profit margin on Bunk houses or if there were simply more carry over non current model year trailers being offered.

I know we really liked the bath and a half floor plans and even gave thought to going with a bunk house for that option and then redesign the bunk area for another living space or use. But, with the 353LS we got our 1 1/2 baths in a rear living triple slide floor plan and at almost $30,000 less than the competitions price.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #5

We bought our 27bhwb in 2006. It was perfect for our needs and at a price point we could afford. It is interesting how your perspective as well as purchasing power change over time. The Wildcat was an upgrade from our Bantam hybred which suited our needs and price point back 2000. The Wildcat was a great reliable rig and I wouldn't have change that purchase for anything.

However, things changed and today we find our needs and purchase power has changed once again and we just upgraded to a 36ft Columbus.

My philosophy when it comes to RV's is evaluate your needs, do your research, buy and don't look back. You will spend time fixing things and upgrading things regardless of what you buy. So...... Do that and enjoy. If or when your needs or means change..... Well then start again.
1999 F250 Super Duty 7.3L
tofun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofun4me View Post
We bought our 27bhwb in 2006. It was perfect for our needs and at a price point we could afford. It is interesting how your perspective as well as purchasing power change over time. The Wildcat was an upgrade from our Bantam hybred which suited our needs and price point back 2000. The Wildcat was a great reliable rig and I wouldn't have change that purchase for anything.

However, things changed and today we find our needs and purchase power has changed once again and we just upgraded to a 36ft Columbus.

My philosophy when it comes to RV's is evaluate your needs, do your research, buy and don't look back. You will spend time fixing things and upgrading things regardless of what you buy. So...... Do that and enjoy. If or when your needs or means change..... Well then start again.
I agree with you. We got plenty of use out of our past RVs up until the National Pacifica pusher. We had family commitments that prohibited us from using it as much as we would have liked to. So when we sold it with the plans of going back to a 5th wheel I wanted to go more "Bang for Buck" rather than over needed glitz and glamor. We just didn't get enough use out of our investment to justify owning it so I was gun shy to spend a lot of cash.

The Wildcat looks like it will be a great fit for what we need to get back on the RV road to recovery.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
I agree with you. We got plenty of use out of our past RVs up until the National Pacifica pusher. We had family commitments that prohibited us from using it as much as we would have liked to. So when we sold it with the plans of going back to a 5th wheel I wanted to go more "Bang for Buck" rather than over needed glitz and glamor. We just didn't get enough use out of our investment to justify owning it so I was gun shy to spend a lot of cash. The Wildcat looks like it will be a great fit for what we need to get back on the RV road to recovery.
Yep, evaluating your needs is the key but sometimes outside forces alter plans. I almost pulled the trigger on a 06 Monaco Knight pusher. At the last minute we changed course, decided to stay with a 5th wheel and put the pusher decision off for another 6 or 7 years until we are closer to retirement. Oh how I did enjoy the test drives in that pusher though :-).

We loved our Wildcat. I am sure it would serve you well.
1999 F250 Super Duty 7.3L
tofun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
JAYCO Representative

I love hearing what made our customers first look at Wildcat... or what brought them back to us.
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #9

For us it was the 312 floorplan which made good use of space in a 34' trailer. Weight-wise I could have gone a bit heavier. The only other real contender we looked at in this size/weight range had 1.5 baths but the kitchen arrangement wasn't idea (no drawers within reach of the main counter, you had to walk around by the exit door, all electrical plugs were in the bottoms of the upper cabinets which meant dangling cords), and the bunkhouse had no windows at all. It was claustrophobic.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
JAYCO Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyink View Post
For us it was the 312 floorplan which made good use of space in a 34' trailer. Weight-wise I could have gone a bit heavier. The only other real contender we looked at in this size/weight range had 1.5 baths but the kitchen arrangement wasn't idea (no drawers within reach of the main counter, you had to walk around by the exit door, all electrical plugs were in the bottoms of the upper cabinets which meant dangling cords), and the bunkhouse had no windows at all. It was claustrophobic.
We hear this discussion a lot on this floor plan. It's a good "balance" of features, price, allocation of space, and size/weight. Bunk house floor plans can cause a lot of compromises in your camping style (no countertops, cramped sleeping areas/kitchen/bathroom, too long, etc.) -- this one does a bit less than most!

Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat