Old 04-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
Wildcat 275 CKX Need advice please.

Got offered a killer deal on a 2016 Wildcat 275 CKX today. I've read some of the posts about the slides leaking. Can anyone tell me for sure that there is a quality issue with the Wildcats or are they a good quality unit. I'm new to this and need all advice you can give. Wasn't really ready to purchase until this fall but I'm afraid this one will be gone and won't get this kind of deal again. I just know that on forums you usually get the people that have problems but few people brag about how good things are. Thanks

dbackerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
You can find a few "bragging" threads on this forum. But, as you say, it's just the nature of the forum beast to spend time on problems.

I can't help you with the slide leaking issue other than to say that my slides don't leak. I don't camp in the rain --- mostly because of where we live. When it's raining, my slides are closed and I'm home.

I'm pretty pleased with the over all quality offered by Forest River and I would buy mine all over aging if given the choice.

bruceatlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:58 PM   #3
Seasoned Rookie
We have a 2014 Wildcat 312QBX. We haven't noticed the slides leaking and we have been set-up in some pretty heavy rains with the slides out and also towing down the road with the slides in. I think one secret is when leveling up the RV, try to ensure the RV and slides are as level as possible. In our case, since both slides are on the same side, we try to make that side about an 1/2 inch or so low so water runs out and away instead of towards the seals.

We did have the upper seal replaced under warranty on our large slide because the seal was tearing on the corners where it rubbed on the slide itself. Not sure if I had that to do again that I would replace it though as I don't think it has made much difference.

We would rate the overall quality of our Wildcat as good to excellent. We had a problem with the black tank rinse line and the handrail for the inside stairs was not mounted firmly to a stud and pulled loose. Both items were fixed under the warranty.

Later (after about 15 months), our nose cap began to fade but Forest River agreed to help with getting it repainted and it looks better than new now.
2014 Ford F350 SD 4X4 CC LB 6.7L PSD
Bob & Debbie, USAF Retired
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:44 AM   #4
Thanks for the input its a big decision and i am leaning towards this unit. Am really excited and just trying to gather all the info I can.
dbackerjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #5
We have a 2011 Wildcat 28RKS and love it! Best quality RV we have owned in our 35 years. No leak issues with the slide. We have towed in some very rough conditions including north through Alaska to the Arctic Ocean with NO issues.
Floyd & Carolyn
2012 F150 S/crew 4X4 6.2L 6Spd Tow Max Firestone airbags.
2011 28RKS Wildcat. Yamaha 3000iseb Generator.
2013 22 nights.2014 57 nights.2015 116 nights +14300KM
2016. 63 nights
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:48 PM   #6
I too have a Wildcat and I've never had a slide-out leak, including while in storage, while driving and while camping.

The only water issue I recall is when I retracted the slide during a rain storm and some water dripped onto the bathroom floor.
2015 Wildcat 282 RKX
2011 F350 Lariat, 6.7 L. Diesel, 8 ft., SRW, Reese R20
TGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:15 PM   #7
We have the 24 Wildcat Maxx,
No slide leakage since got it about 16months ago. Only issue was the cap fading Forest River covered it under warranty.
Make sure u test everything before u drive it off the lot.

Good luck with your purchase, just remember no matter what. Some thing is bound to go wrong with use.
Nature of the beast.
Avan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:29 PM   #8
"All in Good Time"
Wildcat no leaks

We have a 2016 wildcat 327ck, haven't had any slide leaks. I just had the roof membrane replaced under warranty because there were a few screws pointing up from under rubber membrane. Forest River stepped up and authorized replacement. Happy with this rv.

Vince & Ulli

2016 Wildcat 327CK
2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 CTD 4x4
vnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #9
We have a 2015 wildcat 275 CKX and we haven't had any leaks in the slides. After 2 camping trips we did find a couple of things that need to be repaired under warranty but that's to be expected.
2012 Ram 2500 4X4 Short bed Diesel
2015 Wildcat 275 CK
lennyd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:48 PM   #10
Out of Order
No leaks

Wildcat Maxx 24RG. We've camped in the rain twice with no far as I can tell! When closing the slide the gasket simply wiped the rain water off the slide out roof where it fell to the ground on both sides of the slide out. Very pleased.

2016 Wildcat Maxx 24RG
2016 Ford F250 6.7L Diesel
todtc318 is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, wildcat