Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

Wildcat 28 SGX

I am looking at buying a 2017 Wildcat 28 SGX. Has anyone had any experience with the 28 SGX's and any input either Pro's or Con's. I really like the way the 28 SGX looks but I am just a little hesitant to take that final step. Looking for that finale boot to put me over the finish line or to give me a reason to keep looking. I have ruled out the crusader from researching the forums and reviews. Never saw so many negative reviews. It looked really good up front but but it failed the after it was bought test by to many people. I can't find any negative reviews on the 28 SGX that is great. I just need some positive feed back from some owners and it will be a go.
R Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:04 AM   #2

I am also considering a 2016 wildcat 28sgx. What I am not sure if it is an entry level fifth wheel. We have owned entry level travel trailers. The interior does not look entry level by no means. The insulation is far better than any tt we have ever owned. I just fear major things like leakage, slides not working, axels too small which you can't predict but could be skimped on in entry level rvs. I am also considering a Jayco ht 275 Rlst. The Wildcat has the kitchen beat by a long shot. I also wonder if the floors are aluminum. I couldn't find that on my research.
PammyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PammyC View Post
I am also considering a 2016 wildcat 28sgx. What I am not sure if it is an entry level fifth wheel. We have owned entry level travel trailers. The interior does not look entry level by no means. The insulation is far better than any tt we have ever owned. I just fear major things like leakage, slides not working, axels too small which you can't predict but could be skimped on in entry level rvs. I am also considering a Jayco ht 275 Rlst. The Wildcat has the kitchen beat by a long shot. I also wonder if the floors are aluminum. I couldn't find that on my research.
Pam

Here is a link to a brochure that shows how the floor is built. It is aluminum truss's with laminate and insulation from what I have read. It appears solid.

http://forestriverinc.com/brochures/...atbrochure.pdf

The 28 SGX does not appear to be a entry level. We have an entry level 5th wheel and are looking to move up. I am pretty sure the 28 SGX is a good 5th wheel. I have yet to find a bad thing about it. I have went thru it twice.

Of course like anything you will have to go thru the, it's new and things are going to not work. But I like what I am seeing so far.
R Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:44 PM   #4

I'm late to this discussion but we purchased a 2017 Forest River Wildcat 28SGX a few months ago. We'll be out for our third trip in it this weekend. Was a big step up from our 2001 Fleetwood Prowler. So far so good. The usual punch list annoyances for a new travel trailer but nothing major to complain about. Wife and kiddos love it and once I get the truck tweaked a bit, I'm sure I'll be happy with hauling it. Looking at the possibility of adding air bags to the truck to improve the ride.

2017 Forest River Wildcat 28SGX
2001 Ford F-250 7.3l 4x4 Crew Cab
Skyline Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #5

We purchased a 2016 28SGX about two month ago and made a trip to Taos/Santa Fe with it about a week ago.

I tow with a 2016 F250 4x4 6.7 Diesel CrewCab with an Andersen Ultimate hitch.

We have been very pleased with the unit. Typical punch list things but nothing major has given us any problem. I have had to make a panic stop already and it was a smooth as could be.

My wife is petite so we put 4x4 cedar blocks on her recliner so she could see out the rear window.

I like I can grab the dump valves without having to get on my knees.
Storage works for us, we just make certain nothing is loose that can hit the shower drain pipe that is towards the front of the basement storage.

The roof is built with aluminium trusses on 16" centers.

The motor driven cover for the kitchen vent is nice.

The electric fireplace did fine for some chilly nights we had.

The axles are Dexter and are supposed to be a better grade of axle.

There is a fair amount of storage in the kitchen.

We replaced the shower head and faucets with upgraded hardware and replaced the bath lavatory faucet with one that had a longer spout.

Bedroom storage is great.
Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat